Australian Government has announced the Australian Award (AAS Scholarship) for the academic year 2020-2021 for all international students. International students are being offered fully funded Australian Award Scholarships if they get successful in getting enrolled in an Australian University under this scholarship program. There benefits, eligibility criteria and application process of the Australian Awards Scholarship: is completely explained in this article.
The government of Australia announces the Australian Awards Scholarship every year to attract international students. It has also announced the admission in Australian colleges and universities under this scholarship program in 2021. All the international students who intend to study in Australia are encouraged to apply online for this scholarship program. Here, it is pertinent to mention that international students are attracted by the standards of education in this country.
Australian Award Scholarship 2021: Call for Applications
If you are interested to continue your studies in Australia, you can take advantage of the Australian Awards Scholarship program. This program will help you take admission in prestigious Australian universities to complete your Masters and play an important role in the progress of your home country. Australian government education department offers this scholarship for overseas students.
Australian Awards Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
Following are the advantages that the Australian Award scholarship program offers to the winners:
- Full tuition fee is waived off for scholarship winners and they are awarded complimentary accommodation as well.
- An economy class direct flight airfare is also provided to the overseas students.
- All the medical expenses are also covered under this scholarship.
- AUD 5000 subsidy once during the study tenure.
Australian Award Scholarship Eligibility and other Requirements
Following are some of the steps to fill the application form to be eligible for the Australian scholarship:
- Because this Australian scholarship is awarded to international students, you will have to look for your country name in the list of countries provided by the Australian Awards Council. You are not eligible to apply for the scholarship if the name of your country is not on the list.
- Unlike many European Scholarship programs, you do not have to submit acceptance letters from your professors or degree-awarding institution. Instead, you can research and take admission in any of the universities in the subject of your choice.
- You can find the list of universities here and chose one of these to get admission.
- You can also search for the course of your choice and then the universities offering that course. If you want to search for the course of your choice, you can find it in the list.
- Australian Awards Scholarship is awarded to those international students who qualify for the English Proficiency Test. The following are some of the testing exams. A student passing any of these tests can get admission under this scholarship program.
–At least 2 years old IELTS certification with a minimum achievement of band 6.5
–Minimum 580 score in TOEFL written test.
–92 scores in online TOEFL exam.
- A sophisticated online application portal has been launched by the Australian Scholarship Council to facilitate the international students. Clicking the link below will open the application form for you.
Usually, the deadline for applying to this scholarship is the 30th of April every year. However, the deadline may change due to unexpected circumstances.
Australian Award Scholarship Application Procedure
A country-wise website is launched by the Australian Awards Council. You can also open the specific website for your country and download a guide on how to apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship. After the webpage opens, click on how to apply link and select the name of your country. Now, download the online application form and also a guide book.
List of Documents Needed to apply for Australian Award Scholarship program
- Australian Awards country-specific website will send you a requirement paper sheet on demand. Fill that paper sheet.
- You will also have to submit an impact development proposal plan that can also be obtained by the official website on demand.
- Residency proof along with the name of your country in the form of ID card, driving license or other government issues identity.
- Attested copies of all your academic certificates and degrees.
- IELTS or TOEFL certification passing proof.
- Australian Scholarship Council demands one recommendation referee letter from those taking admission in MS degrees. Those who apply for research-based degrees will have to submit two recommendation letters.
- The students already working in Australia will have to submit an employment certificate.
- For a research-based study, an acceptance letter from a professor teaching in any of the Australian universities is demanded. For no research studies, there is no need for the acceptance letter.
- No Objection certificate along with the attested copy of your resume.
All the applications received are scrutinized and shortlisted candidates are called for interview at the embassy. Here, it is worth mentioning that the main criterion for selection includes your Research Proposal or Study Plan. Therefore, it is mandatory to begin writing your research aim, your subjects of study, and your interest in the Australian Awards Scholarship. Submit this written document along with the application form.