The Australian Government has announced the Australian Award Scholarships for the batch of 2023-2024 in February 2022. This is also known as (AAS Scholarship) which will be open for all international students. International students will be offered fully funded Australian Award Scholarships if they get successful in getting enrolled in an Australian University under this scholarship program. There benefits, eligibility criteria, and application process of the Australian Awards Scholarship: are completely explained in this article.
The Government of Australia announces the Australian Awards Scholarship every year to attract international students. It has also announced admission to Australian colleges and universities under this Australian scholarship program in 2023. All the international students who intend to study in Australia are encouraged to apply online for this scholarship program. Here, it is pertinent to mention that international students are attracted by the standards of education in this country.
Australian Awards Scholarship 2023 Coverage and Benefits
Following are the advantages that the Australian Award scholarship program offers to the winners:
- The full tuition fee is waived off for scholarship winners and they are awarded complimentary accommodation as well.
- An economy class direct flight airfare is also provided to overseas students.
- All the medical expenses are also covered under this scholarship.
- AUD 5000 subsidy once during the study tenure.
Australian Award Scholarship 2023 Eligibility and other Requirements
Following are some of the steps to fill the application form to be eligible for the Australian Scholarship:
- Because this Australian scholarship is awarded to international students, you will have to look for your country name in the list of countries provided by the Australian Awards Council. You are not eligible to apply for the scholarship if the name of your country is not on the list.
- Unlike many European Scholarship programs, you do not have to submit acceptance letters from your professors or degree-awarding institution. Instead, you can research and take admission in any of the universities in the subject of your choice.
- You can find the list of universities here and chose one of these to get admission.
- You can also search for the course of your choice and then the universities offering that course. If you want to search for the course of your choice, you can find it in the list.
- Australian Awards Scholarship is awarded to those international students who qualify for the English Proficiency Test. The following are some of the testing exams. A student passing any of these tests can get admission under this scholarship program.
–At least 2 years old IELTS certification with a minimum achievement of band 6.5
–Minimum 580 score in TOEFL written test.
–92 scores in the online TOEFL exam.
- A sophisticated online application portal has been launched by the Australian Scholarship Council to facilitate international students. Clicking the link below will open the application form for you.
Usually, the deadline for applying for this Australian scholarship is the 30th of May. However, the deadline may change due to unexpected circumstances.
Australian Award Scholarship 2023 Application Process
A country-wise website is launched by the Australian Awards Council. You can also open the specific website for your country and download a guide on how to apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship. After the webpage opens, click on the how to apply the link and select the name of your country. Now, download the online application form and also a guidebook.
List of Documents Required for the Australian Award Scholarship Application Submission:
- Australian Awards country-specific website will send you a requirement paper sheet on demand. Fill that paper sheet.
- You will also have to submit an impact development proposal plan that can also be obtained by the official website on demand.
- Residency proof along with the name of your country in the form of an ID card, driving license, or other government issues identity.
- Attested copies of all your academic certificates and degrees.
- IELTS or TOEFL certification passing proof.
- Australian Scholarship Council demands one recommendation referee letter from those taking admission in MS degrees. Those who apply for research-based degrees will have to submit two recommendation letters.
- The students already working in Australia will have to submit an employment certificate.
- For a research-based study, an acceptance letter from a professor teaching in any of the Australian universities is demanded. For no research studies, there is no need for the acceptance letter.
- No Objection certificate along with the attested copy of your resume.
All the applications received are scrutinized and shortlisted candidates are called for interview at the embassy. Here, it is worth mentioning that the main criterion for selection includes your Research Proposal or Study Plan. Therefore, it is mandatory to begin writing your research aim, your subjects of study, and your interest in the Australian Awards Scholarship. Submit this written document along with the application form.
Australian Awards Scholarship 2023 Opening & Closing Dates
Australian Awards Scholarship is open for applications from February 2022, and the deadline to submit your online application is May 2022, for the academic session of 2023-2024.
If you are interested to continue your studies in Australia, you can take advantage of the Australian Awards Scholarship program. This program will help students to take admitted to prestigious Australian universities to complete their Master’s and play an important role in the progress of their home country. Australian government education department offers this scholarship for overseas students.