Beijing Municipal Government scholarships 2021-2022 are offered to non-Chinese students and are a great way to study in China free of cost. These scholarships are much like CSC (China Scholarship Council) scholarships, CAS-TWAS Scholarships, or any other Chinese Scholarship; whereby the recipient’s education is funded by the Chinese government.
The scholarships are providing funding to the students for the year 2021-2022. The value of the fund is about 35,000,000 Chinese yuan (about 5,000,000 USD). The highest award is 40,000 RMB (about 5,700 USD). Beijing’s government is keen on attracting more and more international students. This scholarship is a part of their numerous other initiatives that have been taken for the internationalization of Chinese education.
Types of Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships
- For the applicants who are applying to the universities in Beijing in the bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. programs, the duration of the scholarship is under four years.
- For the applicants who are enrolled in any kind of program teaching Chinese language or any other relevant subject in Beijing institutions, the duration of the grant is under one year.
- For the applicants studying any specialized course in Beijing’s higher educational institutions, the duration of the grant is under one year.
- For the exchange students and those students who have been contributing largely toward international education in the Beijing universities, the duration is under one year.
Beijing Government Scholarship Value/Coverage:
The scholarship by the Beijing government goes toward paying the tuition fee of the recipients. The scholarship value is divided into the following kinds based on the applicants’ level of study:
- 40,000 RMB annually will be awarded to students pursuing Ph.D. degrees.
- 30,000 RMB annually will be given to a master’s degree pursuant.
- 20,000 RMB annually will be awarded to Bachelor’s degree students.
- 10,000 RMB will be awarded annually to students pursuing a language program.
- 5,000 RMB will be awarded annually to those students who are either contributing hugely toward international education in Beijing or are exchange students.
- Monthly Stipends, and free residence
Beijing Scholarship Affiliated Courses and Deadline:
The Beijing scholarship is offered in the fields of philosophy, law, economics, history, education, management, engineering, literature, art, medicine, agriculture, and science. The deadline to apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship in all Beijing Situated Universities will be June 30, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships by the Beijing Government:
The applicants are advised to read through the eligibility criteria carefully to determine whether or not they are qualified to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicants need to be proficient in the language in which their intended degree program is taught. This varies from program to program and university to university.
- The applicants must be non-Chinese and healthy.
- Applicants who are applying for bachelor’s programs must have cleared their high school with flying colors and must be under 30 years of age.
- Applicants who are applying for a master’s program need to have a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject area and must be below 35 years of age.
- Applicants intending to pursue a Ph.D. in Beijing must have a master’s degree in a relevant subject area and must be below 40 years of age.
- Applicants applying for advanced studies should possess an undergraduate degree or should be at least in the second year of their university. These applicants must be under 50 years of age.
- Applicants applying for a language program should have a high school diploma and should be below 60 years of age.
- Scholars who are visiting Beijing must possess at least a master’s degree and hold some academic designations like that of an associate professor (or higher). They should be below 50 years of age.
- The applicants must be meeting the eligibility criteria of the university and program they are applying to.
- Applicants must not be receiving any other Chinese government scholarship at the time of applying to the Beijing government scholarship.
How to apply to the Beijing Government Scholarship:
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply to the Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Select a university which is affiliated with this scholarship via the Beijing government online portal
- After selecting your desired university, go to that university’s website and check out their section for ‘scholarships for international students.
- In that section, locate Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships. Here you will find the complete procedure of how to apply to the scholarship through this particular university. The link will also contain the application form and the list of the documents required.
List of Universities Situated in Beijing
- Beijing Forestry University
- China Central Academy of Fine Arts
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology
- China University of Political Science and Law
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- University of International Business and Economics
- China Agricultural University
- Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication
- Beijing Electronic Science and Technology Institute
- Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
- Peking Union Medical College
- Central University of Finance and Economics
- People’s Public Security University of China
- Beijing Institute of Technology
- Beijing Normal University
- China University of Petroleum
- University of Science and Technology Beijing
- Capital University of Physical Education and Sports
- The National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts
- Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Tsinghua University
- China Foreign Affairs University
- Communication University of China
- Beijing Wuzi University
- North China Electric Power University
- Beijing Union University
- China University of Labor Relations
- Capital University of Economics and Business
- China Conservatory of Music
- China Youth University for Political Sciences
- Beihang University
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Shougang Institute of Technology
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- China University of Geosciences Beijing
- Capital Normal University
- Peking University
- Central Conservatory of Music
- Beijing Geely University
- Beijing Language and Culture University
- Beijing Film Academy
- Beijing University of Agriculture
- Renmin University of China
- Beijing Information Science and Technology University
- University of International Relations
- Beijing International Studies University
- Beijing University of Technology
- China Women’s University
- North China University of Technology
- University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Capital Medical University
- Beijing Dance Academy
- Minzu University of China
- Beijing Sport University
- The Central Academy of Drama
- Beijing Technology and Business University
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Beijing City University
List of Documents Your Need to Submit Application for Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Beijing Scholarship Application form, which can be collected either directly from the university or can be downloaded from the university’s official website. The applicants are supposed to fill it out carefully and then submit it.
- Highest degree or diploma earned (certified copy)
- Proof of Chinese or English language proficiency
- Recommendation letters (at least 2)
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of passport
- Transcripts and copies of all other degrees
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form’s photocopy, which is to be submitted by only those applicants who intend to stay for six months or longer in China for study purposes.
- Applicants who are applying for a degree program or a research-based program are required to submit a study plan or research proposal respectively. The study plan should be under 400 words whereas the research proposal should be under 800 words.
- Applicants applying to programs related to music, fine arts or media studies, etc. are required to submit their work samples.
- Applicants who are below 18 years of age are supposed to submit their guardians’ legal documents as well.
After preparing all the documents, the applicants can attach them with the application form and send it to the address provided by their selected university.
Applicants can submit their documents in any University situated in Beijing that offer Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship; through one of the following ways:
- Through the Chinese government’s office, one that is responsible for sending international students to China.
- Through the Chinese embassy or diplomatic office in the applicant’s home country.
- Through any other office in the applicant’s home country responsible for sending out such documents.
- Applicants can also send their documents directly to their intended university or college in Beijing.