Canadian Jobs for International Graduates in 2023 – Submit CV
Highly Paid Jobs In Canada for International Applicants
Apply for highly paid Canadian Jobs exclusively open for international applicants like fresh graduates, international students, and skilled/experienced professionals for 2023. Thousands of job vacancies are available in Canada in various Canadian provinces for final recruitments.
Canada is a country with a wide range of highly paid jobs in all of its provinces; which are not only suitable for work but is also suitable for living. Canada has become the most popular country for immigrants as it provides many benefits including security and health benefits. You can also get a permanent residency here. The Canadian government supports international workers so much and has launched many programs to help them come into the country and work there.
Canada has jobs almost in every sector and not many Canadians are employed in these jobs so it creates a huge demand for international workers. All of the jobs can make you earn a handsome salary if you have skills and experience.
Thinking about high-paying jobs, professions like Surgeons/Doctors, Lawyers, Web Developers, and Software engineers come to mind first but industries like construction, mining, oil, and gas are also thriving. Anyone having jobs in these fields can make a handsome salary and live a very good life. Although a salary isn’t only worth considering in a job, equally important is your passion for the field.
Open Positions in Canadian Provinces for International Candidates
You need to have a good positive environment and you need to balance your work-life in order to attain that highly paid Canadian job. Career prospects in Canada offer great job opportunities for the next 5 to 10 years. There are 117,700 unfilled jobs in Quebec, 167,900 in Ontario, and 67,100 in British Columbia. This is a great option for immigrants who are seeking jobs. Some of the highest paying jobs in Canada are;
- In Computer Fields: Software Engineers, Cyber Security analyst, business analyst, etc. ( Minimum required qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and some work experience)
- In the Healthcare sector: Medical doctors, Surgeons, Veterinary doctors, Registered Nurses. ( high qualifications are required including master’s or Ph.D.)
- In the Education sector: Professors, Teachers for English, Maths and Science Subjects. (A Master’s or Ph.D. is required in the concerned subject)
- In the Construction sector: Brick Layer, project engineer, superintendent, plumber, pipefitter, and carpenters. ( Basic minimum qualification may be required but the experience is compulsory)
All of these are well-paying jobs and you are required to have qualifications or experience regarding the nature of jobs. But before getting a job, you’ll need a Visa or Work permit from the country in order to live and work there. To help you with your Canadian Work Visa Application, we have mentioned all the information and procedure below that you’ll find extremely helpful.
Canadian Work Visa Requirements And Process:
Canada is an important destination for foreign people who are looking for employment opportunities. The Canadian government pays a lot of attention to international professionals and has launched many programs for them like Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program, Sponsorship, and business immigration.
Most people require a work permit to be eligible to work in Canada. To apply for the work permit, you need to have a job offer that is supported by Labor Market Impact Assessment(LMIA). Off course there are some exceptions to this rule, like a person who graduated from Canadian Designated Learning Institute (DLI) can have a work permit without a job offer and a person having a spouse in Canada with a work or study permit can also apply for their work permit without a Canadian job offer.
Candidates who are qualified to apply for a work permit should also meet the eligibility requirements:
- Need to provide any documents requested that can prove eligibility to work in Canada.
- Should be medically fit and aren’t criminally involved in crimes.
- Should prove to have sufficient funds to support their stay and to return back home.
- Should prove their intent to leave as soon as the work is finished.
A Canadian work permit is important for working in Canada. The life of work visa is 6 months to 1 year and you can apply for work visa online. You’ll be needing basic documents like Application forms, passport size photos, medical test (if needed), passport, written offer or letter of employment and your education credentials, etc.
Apply for the Following Canadian Jobs
To help you find the best-paying Canadian jobs in a land full of opportunities, we have made a list for you. This list includes the biggest sectors in Canada, offered jobs along with salaries and any information you might need. Check it out below:
1# Canadian Engineering Jobs:
Engineering is an upcoming era in Canada. Many top level universities like the University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, McGill University, etc. offer Engineering programs. According to a labor market report, there is a growing need for replacing retiring engineers in different fields like civil engineers as well as computer engineers. The report also stressed on the importance of international trained engineers and government immigration programs to meet the work-face requirements.
Engineers are paid a good amount as salary depending on their skills. For example, a mechanical engineer working in Canada can expect around $70,000 to $100,000 on average. If you are an engineer looking for a job then take a look at some of the well-paid engineering jobs in Canada mentioned below:
- Electrical Engineers (you are required to have a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering or electrical engineering and a master’s or Ph.D. degree may be required. Average salary for this job is $85,000 annually)
- Mechanical Engineers ( a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field)
- Civil Engineers ( Bachelor’s degree in related field. Average salary of a civil engineer in Canada is $77,000 per year)
- Software Engineers ( a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or software engineering is required. The average salary of a software engineer in Canada is $84,000 annually)
Some of the biggest engineering companies in Canada are; Aecon Group Inc., Bantrel co, CNRL( Canadian Natural Resources ), and many more.
Foreign engineers can come to Canada for these jobs on a work visa or work permit and they can apply for permanent residency after 5 years of working.
2# Canadian Health-care Sector Jobs:
Canada has a growing senior population which is demanding an immense need for the professionals in the healthcare sector. It is looking for ways to improve healthcare by providing jobs to skilled candidates. Canada is the land of job opportunities and is the best country for immigrants to reside in. Its economy is steadily growing which means more jobs for foreigners. There are many immigrants-organizations offering work Visas to help immigrants move and work in Canada.
The average salary that a basic level healthcare worker gets in Canada is $22.26 per hour which is approximately $42,414 per year! There are many other designations in the healthcare sector that are paying well, take a look at them:
- Medical Doctor ( bachelor’s degree and two or three years of training in medical residency. The average salary for a medical doctor in Canada is $267,826 per year)
- Registered Nurse ( need to complete a four-year nursing program post-university. Average salary of a registered nurse in Canada is $71,318 annually)
- Pharmacist ( a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy. Salary of a pharmacist is $92,934 per year)
- Dental Hygienist ( required to complete a 1 to 3-year program approved by a governing board. The average salary of a dental hygienist in Canada is $43.84 per hour)
Some of the biggest hospitals in Canada are; Vancouver general hospital, Rocky view general hospital, foothills medical center, etc.
All of these professions are very respected and are considered professional departments. Anyone working at these designations can earn up to more or less $150,000 per year.
3# Canadian Construction Jobs:
Canada’s construction sector is growing in many cities across the country providing employment to 1.3 million people. With only 38 million people population, Canada remains dependent on international workers to maintain the construction sector. Its steady economic growth creates a huge demand for professionals with skilled labor. Depending upon skills, a construction worker can earn anywhere from $35,000 – $90,000.
Three main sectors to find jobs in the Canadian construction industry which are:
- Residential Projects
- Non-residential Projects
- Institutional building Projects
To be a construction worker in these fields, all you need is a high school diploma and skills with some experience. Having formal education or training may help you go above. You do not require a work permit for these Canadian jobs and you can apply from any part of the world. There are many immigrant Job programs from the government of Canada and you can apply under them.
4# Canadian Banking Jobs:
Canada is an ideal place to secure your banking job. If you are a young professional or graduate with a degree in a related field then, sure you can get the job. Canada’s rising economy increases the demand for international graduates in the banking sector. Some of the biggest Canadian banks are; the Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto-Dominion Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia, etc. There are many jobs available in this sector, take a look at them:
- Customer service representative at Bank of Montreal.
- Customer Service Cashier at Calgary cooperative Association.
- Personal Banking Associate at TD bank.
- Business Banking Specialist in Toronto.
To work in these fields, basic requirements are needed to be fulfilled which includes: A degree in business or economics or financial analysis, good negotiating and communication skills, and a Canadian work visa or work permit for immigrants. The average wage of a person working in the banking sector is $22.73 to $30.00 per hour and $44314 to $60,000 per year. Depending upon your experience you can make up to $112,000 per year.
5# Canadian Government Jobs:
Various government jobs for international applicants are available in many departments of Canada. There is no requirement for IELTS to apply for Canadian government jobs and no application fees is needed.
Canada has become a most popular destination for immigrants who are seeking job opportunities. The main reason for people’s preference for Canada is because of its unlimited benefits and High standards of living. Also, good security with medical benefits as well as good geo-graphical places makes it excel above every country. Some of the government sectors mentioned below that are providing jobs:
- Canadian Transport Sector Government (include jobs like Airport staff, management jobs in different offices, etc)
- Canadian Army Jobs Sector Government (officers job, captain job)
- Canadian Police Jobs( entry-level can make a salary of about $53,000 per year and depend upon your experience you can make $80,000 annually)
The average salary for a person working in government is $56,226 per year. International immigrants may apply through government programs and should own a Canadian work permit or a work visa.
6# Canadian Aviation Jobs:
Toronto and GTA are the key regions for technology and are home to large aerospace, aircraft, and aviation companies. The aerospace industry along with innovative technologies such as data centers, mobile app development, and hardware manufacturing is a new occupation with a good outlook in Canada. The average wage for jobs in aerospace in Canada is $38.46 per hour. These jobs have steady growth and a good future.
Many of the big companies offer jobs for qualified candidates with degrees in avionics or aerospace engineering. Provided job sectors are:
- Aerospace (aerospace engineers are very high in demand in Canada and they can easily earn up to $72,000 to $92500 in a year! Training and experience are extremely important in this field and it is expected that in coming years, almost 23000 new jobs will be created due to expansion)
- Testing (responsibilities include testing capabilities like environmental, dynamic, fuel, and materials. A testing engineer can earn between $55,000 to $95,000 per year)
- Customer service (average salary for an executive customer service representative in aviation is $17.87 per hour)
Pilots or flight instructors need to complete secondary school or graduate from a certified aviation or flying school.
7# Canadian IT Sector Jobs:
IT was one of the quickest growing careers in Canada in recent times. It continues to draw attention because of the thriving technological landscape since programming and development skills are notably in demand. Technology is evolving at an unthinkable pace worldwide, and Canada is well-positioned to make capital out of the technology boom because it has already begun to adopt rising technologies like AI, Agile delivery, Analytics, Security, and Cloud services.
The business-friendly policies and economy have already captured big companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook to ascertain delivery centers in Canada. Thanks to the fastest expansion, the tech sector of Canada earned the title of “the quickest growing industry within the country.” The officers of IT offer a number of the best-paying jobs in Canada these days. In fact, in recent times, provincial capital created additional jobs than the urban center Bay space, Seattle, and Washington D.C. combined. IT industry officers offer jobs with salaries up to $81,000.
Some of the job titles in IT sectors are:
- Database administrator ( responsibilities include management of data. Average salary for a database administrator in Canada is $75,700 per year.)
- System administrator ( responsibilities include; managing and monitoring servers and handling hardware issues. Average salary for a system administrator in Canada is $67,381 per year.)
- Senior Developer ( requires a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or computer engineering with 2 to 4 years of experience. A senior developer in Canada can earn up to $102,915 annually!)
These are some really good options for people who love computer science and are interested to practice, solve problems, and learning more. Canada is all about technology and the Biggest IT centers in Canada are; Yardstick Technologies Inc, Deltalyz Corp, Computer, and many more.
If you are an international immigrant then you can apply for these Canadian IT jobs only when you have a work permit. Also, check out government IT job programs for immigrants and apply under them.
8# Canadian Machine Driver Jobs:
A machine driver is someone who operates heavy machinery in industries like construction, manufacturing, and transportation. Their duties include; training others on how to use machinery as well as utilizing equipment and making sure that machines are functioning well.
If you are looking for a job in Canada then, you are at the right place. Canada is the second largest country and has a great demand for these jobs. The minimum wage for machine drivers in Canada is $34.00 per hour. Also, it may vary on the basis of location and experience.
- Designation: Excavator Operator
A well-known company Pacific Construction Ltd. is offering an excavator operator job with a good salary.
- Designation: Production Worker.
Coca-Cola is offering a job as a Production worker with a salary of $20.13 per hour.
- Designation: Machine Operator.
Ethan Employment company is offering a job for the machine operator. You can apply online for these jobs easily.
Who can apply?
Anyone with a work permit or work visa can apply for this job. If you don’t have a permit or you aren’t a citizen of Canada then they may not consider you.
9# Canadian Insurance Companies Jobs:
Canada has the world’s biggest financial institutions and major insurance companies making Canada their home. Canada’s second-largest insurance company, Manulife collects almost $40 B in premiums yearly. Other than that, industrial Alliance, Sun Life, Canada Life, and Desjardins are also some big companies in Canadian insurance. The average salary of an insurance agent is $47,500 per year.
Some of the jobs offered at the moment are mentioned below:
- Insurance agent customer service in Montreal (average salary: $21 per hour)
- Insurance agent in British Columbia (average salary: $26 per hour)
- Damage insurance agent in Quebec City ( average salary: $18 per hour)
If you want to get a job in this field then you are required to complete secondary school, on-the-job training as well as courses in the insurance industry, and a license by the insurance governing body of the province or employment territory is required. Other than that, a work visa or work permit is a requirement for international immigrants.
10# Canadian Law Jobs:
If you are looking for a job as a Lawyer in Canada then, you are at the right place. The biggest court in Canada is the Supreme court. There is a high demand for lawyers in Canada and you can also get permanent residency there. There is a special code assigned to immigrants for jobs in the NOC list and the code for a lawyer is 4112.
Lawyers having work permits from every part of the world are eligible to apply. The average salary of a lawyer in Canada is $51.28 per hour which is $100,000 per year!
Some active jobs are mentioned below, take a look at them:
- Real Estate Lawyer in Ontario. ( Qualifications requirements include getting a bachelor’s degree and then passing a law school admission test (LAST). A real estate lawyer can easily earn up to $110,000 salary annually)
- Lawyer needed in British Columbia (should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized law school and salary may vary from $80,000 to $150,000 annually)
- Associate Lawyer at Bedard Ressources(salary $160,000 annually)
Securing a job in the lawyer sector of Canada is a very good choice and it has a bright future considering its never-ending service and importance.
11# Canadian Tourism Sector Jobs:
Canada, being the land of opportunities, has jobs in the tourism sector in almost every province. Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia are offering jobs but every province is facing a shortage of labor. To solve this issue government has published a list of jobs which include:
- Management position in the tourism sector including travel agencies, restaurants, catering, etc. The average salary for this position in Canada is $54,035 annually which is $27.71 per hour.
- Directors at customer service (the average salary of a person working in customer service in Canada is $39,570 per year).
- Food and beverage managers. ( This is one of the highest paying jobs in the tourism sector with 139,000 CAD per year of salary. It also comes with transport, housing, and other benefits.)
- Production employee (average salary in Canada for this position is more or less $60,000 per year).
- Guest services manager ( average salary for a guest service manager in Canada is $39,000 per year. And by experience you can earn up to $54,000 annually)
- The front desk clerk ($27,702 is the average salary per year in Canada for this post)
The largest travel agencies in Canada are HIS Co. ltd, Booking Holding Inc, and Expedia group inc. Etc.
The salary of a basic level/entry-level worker in the tourism sector is $24.58 per hour or $47,931 every year! If you are an international immigrant and you need to work at these designations then you need to have a Canadian work permit or Canadian work visa.
12# Canadian 5-Star Hotels Jobs:
Canada has become the new capital offering more than 10,000 by the government. The total budget in Canada for tourism is 100 Billion CAD which provides a massive boost to the hotel management sector. Many tourist are visiting the country and it creates a huge demand for hospitality Professionals, for this reason, a hospitality professional can easily earn up to 58,000 CAD per year in Canada.
No one can deny the bright scope of the hotel management sector in Canada. If you want to start your career, then this is the right place for you. You’ll need to have an education in this field in order to secure a good job. Some of the biggest hotels in Canada are: The Ritz-Carlton in Toronto, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Fairmont Pacific Rim, and the list goes on.
Canada is offering multiple advanced diplomas and master’s degrees in this field and you can easily earn up to 55,000 CAD to 60,000 CAD per year with the right course. And it may be more or less depending upon the job and experience. Some of the job titles are:
- The hotel manager ( Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a course in hotel management can get you a job in this position and your responsibilities will be managing guests, itinerary, and rooms.)
- Event Manager (Bachelor’s degree in event management or an advanced diploma in this field will help you get this position and the main duties include managing events like music concerts, meetings, weddings etc. You can easily earn up to 90,000 CAD per year)
- Restaurant Manager ( bachelor’s degree in restaurant management or a diploma can land you this job and you’ll be responsible for food handling and hiring of the staff. The average salary of a restaurant manager is 67,000 CAD per year.)
13# Canadian Fashion/Modeling Industry Jobs:
The most versatile career is modeling and you can model for many accessories like jewelry, clothes, shoes, and hair. In this field when you work closely with the team, you have a chance to meet different people. A model’s work includes posing at video or photo shoots or promoting a brand by wearing their products or posing with them.
Models also help artists by giving different expressions so that artists can draw or sculpt them. There are physical requirements for being a model like having a good height, good features, or good hands. Some companies select models based on their body parts. For example, a jewelry company looks for a model with a good wrist and hand structure. Canada is well-known for its fashion and its professional models who represent Canada on the international stage.
Many big Fashion agencies are working in Canada, and most of them are modeling schools. Some of the famous supermodels from Canada are; Coco Rocha, Linda Evangelista, Shalom Harlow and many more.
There are many types of models and it depends on your interest and passion to be a one:
- Runaway model ( walking at fashion shows trying on new designs)
- Commercial model (promoting different brand products )
- Fitness model ( working out or telling techniques or exercises to be fit, also promote fitness brands)
- Glamour model ( based on appearance, facial features, and body type)
- Print model ( often found in flyers, posters, magazines, campaigns booklets, etc)
The Average Salary for a model is $26.52 per hour and it can change depending upon your location.
14# Canadian TV Channel Jobs:
Canada has very good media coverage and scope in the journalism sector. And many graduates are looking to get into this field. Canada has one of the fastest-growing careers which is journalism and only 10% of Canadians are employed in this field which means more opportunities for international immigrants.
Professionals in this field are very important and they cover a wide range of news from sports to crime, technology, and entertainment. Some biggest TV channels in Canada are; CTV ( Canadian television report), CBC ( Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), City TV, etc. Some of the job titles are:
- News reporter
- Copy editor
- Radio Host
- TV hosts.
The average salary for a person working in media can earn up to $51,578 per year. Anyone from any part of the world can immigrate to Canada for a job in this field but there are few requirements. You need to have a work permit or work visa to secure a job and then factors like language, age, and educational qualifications play an important role. You’ll need to be proficient in English and French and you may need to pass proficiency tests like:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada(TCF)
There are many pathways By which you can immigrate to Canada like: Express Entry, Provincial Nominee program, Quebec Experience class, etc.
15# Canadian Clerical Jobs:
Being an office clerk, you are required to perform different administrative jobs in different departments. Your work can include filling out forms, attending phone calls, preparing reports, and managing office equipment. There are many job opportunities for a clerk in Canada. Canada supports international immigrants and both the public and private sectors offer a lot of jobs in this field. You’ll be mostly on the desk in an office and you’ll handle all your duties. Depending upon the size of your company, you’ll also handle the reception area as well. Some of the biggest companies in Canada are offering clerk jobs, take a look at them:
- Loblaw Companies
- Real Canadian Superstore
- Fortino’s Supermarkets
- Longos and many more.
Securing a good Canadian clerical job is a good decision and for that this is the best entry-level job for you and you can easily earn up to $27,000 to $40,000 in a year. The salary of any Clerical Job in Canada is also dependent on the location of the company you work in.
The only requirement for an international immigrant is having qualifications in the concerned field, good communication skills, and a work permit.