Chevening Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Students – Applications Open!
The fully-funded Chevening scholarships and fellowships 2023-2024 are open for people from all over the world who have the desire to study in the UK for free. Chevening scholarships are fully funded for emerging leaders to pursue their one-year Master’s degree in the UK.
Coverage Allowances of Chevening Scholarships:
A fully funded Chevening scholarship includes:
- Full coverage of tuition fees if no other organization is supporting you.
- Monthly accommodation stipend. This may vary on where you are living.
- Travel fee coverage includes economy travel, cost of arrival, cost of departure, and cost of visa clearance.
- If TB testing is required, a £75 stipend will be provided for that.
- The cost of travel allowance will also be provided.
- The amount of scholarship may vary if you’re given an award by some organization.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarships:
Applicants must enter all the information correctly to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. To avoid such mistakes applicant must read this link. To qualify for the fully-funded Chevening scholarship the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed his/her undergraduate degree at the time of applying.
- Must be a citizen of a country where the Chevening scholarship is eligible
- Applicants who have applied to 3 different universities for the Master’s program and got an unconditional acceptance offer from any one of them can apply
- Must return back to his/her country after the 2 years of completion of the degree.
- Must have 2 years of work experience equivalent to 2,800 hours
- If you have British or dual British citizenship (if you are a British Overseas citizen applying from Hong Kong and hold BN0)
- If the applicant is a former employee or relative of an employee in the Chevening program who has worked in the past 2 years with the organization can apply
- Applicants who have studied previously in the UK with other scholarships
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship or Fellowship?
All the Chevening scholarship applications are submitted through the online application system (The application link is given at the end of the article). It is essential to enter the following information accurately.
- Enter a valid email address and don’t forget.
- Enter valid contact details.
- To answer the questions asked in the application follow the word count. The minimum word count is 100 words and the maximum word count is 500 words.
- Do not use plagiarised content from other sources otherwise, your application will be considered plagiarism and your application will be considered ineligible.
- Always save your application before logging out.
- The online application will only accept documents in JPG/PDF/PNG no larger than 5 MB.
- Remember to complete the application and then submit it once. Two applications will not be accepted. Make sure you take your time to give the application your best.
References/Documents Required for Chevening Scholarship Application:
The students should submit their placement documents when they are ready. Applicants must submit two reference documents. The referee can be someone who knows the applicant in an academic or professional way and can comment on the applicant’s physical and mental capacity.
Applicants are requested to guide the referee on what they should include in the reference to avoid going off track. The references are to be submitted before the deadline. The US embassy may contact the referees of applicants for verification. It is advised to add the referee’s details accurately. It should contain the following information:
- It must be written in English. If in another language then it must be translated with the original document.
- References must be addressed to the British Embassy in the applicant’s territory.
- It must contain the referee’s phone number, email address, and home address.
- How long has the referee known the applicant and in what way?
- When this the referee’s last contact with the applicant?
- A brief endorsement of the applicant must show how this applicant is the perfect fit for this scholarship academically and intellectually.
Chevening Scholarships Interview Call Letter:
If you have been selected for the interview that means you are a strong candidate for the Chevening scholarship. The interview will be in English between March to April so make sure you are available. In the interview, you will be asked questions based on the application answers that you filled in and the people from the US embassy will take a competency-based panel assessment of the applicant. The interview will be taken in US Embassy and the applicant must:
- Take his/her national ID
- Submit all the documents online.
- Keep the hard copy of references and documents along if required.
- Submit a short biography of yourself online before the interview.
Chevening Scholarship Application Timeline:
- Applications will be open on January of 9th
- Applications will be closed on November 2nd
- Mid-November to December applications are assessed by the admission committee
- Early to Mid-February applicants are shortlisted for interviews
- February to late April references and educational documents are required to be submitted
- 28th February to 29th April Interviews takes place at the US embassy
- From early June interviews, results are announced
- 14th July is the deadline to submit at least one unconditional UK university offer
- September to October studies begin for applicants
Hi Yousaf Saeed.
Thank you for the information. Can we apply for Chevening Scholarship now?
Greetings, yes! The applications for Chevening Scholarship are currently being accepted online.