This is to inform all international students that the results of the Chinese Government Scholarships (CSC Scholarships) 2023 will be released by Chinese universities starting from July 2023.
Prospective students are strongly advised against accepting scholarships offers from several universities, should they receive multiple offers. This is because the official laws in place regarding the scholarship dictate that each student can only be awarded one scholarship.
Thus, if a student gets admission offers from several places, it would be wise to carefully think through the decision and the student should accept that offer where he or she is actually keen on pursuing his or her academic endeavors. This will also allow the other universities to find alternate candidates for their programs.
When the Chinese Government Scholarship 2023 Result will be Announced?
Please find below the expected timeline after one receives all the relevant admission documents for the CSC scholarship, as well as the visa application process:
- After the results of the CSC scholarship are announced, confirmation emails will be sent out to all awardees by the end of June 2023.
- It is then the candidate’s responsibility to send a confirmation email to the respective university whose offer he or she is accepting, confirming their confirmation and attendance starting September of the same year.
- After the university receives a confirmation from the candidate, it will then send a bunch of documents, including an official admission offer letter, the scholarship award document, as well as a set of instructions for the student regarding his or her entry into China, as well as the rules they have to adhere to during their stay in the country. This package will also include an invitation letter for the Chinese Student Visa, which has to be submitted by the candidate to the Chinese Embassy in their region, along with the other documentation required.
- This package will be sent out by all universities in July, and candidates should expect to receive their packages by August.
- After the package has been received, students can then begin to prepare all the other documents that are required by the Chinese Embassy for the Chinese Student Visa. Initially, this visa will only be granted for a one-time entry for 30 days. However, once the student arrives in China, the visa will automatically convert into a permanent residency certificate for one year, which can then be extended for the next year.
- All candidates should ensure that they undergo a complete medical checkup in their home countries. Official medical reports must be brought along to China to save the hassle of having to go through the examination again, which can cost over RMB 400.
- Students are encouraged to purchase their tickets for air travel as soon as they receive the Chinese Student Visa. It is also suggested that students acquaint themselves with basic Chinese language words and phrases, which can help them interact with shopkeepers, taxi drivers, or hotel staff after they arrive in China since most people do not speak English. Students should also arrange for translation applications that can help them communicate with people in China.
- After arriving in China, students must register with their local police within 24 hours of arrival. Failure to do so can result in a fine of RMB 2000. If the student is going to stay on campus, then the university’s international student office may register on the student’s behalf. However, if the student is spending a few days at a hotel, then Chinese hotels cannot accept foreign guests until and unless they have received a notice of the foreign guests’ arrival from the local police. Therefore, it is essential for the students to register with the police and get clearance.
We hope this was a helpful guide for all aspiring students who will be undertaking this journey in China.