News Update: Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022-2023 are now open for applications in European Universities. Consider submission of your applications to win a chance to study for free at a European destination school this year.
One of the most prestigious scholarships of Europe, the Erasmus+ Mundus Scholarships 2022-2023 is now open for the academic year 2022. The Erasmus+ scholarship provides the recipients the opportunity to study for a Master’s or Doctorate in any of the European universities and countries. The recipients will be able to study in 3 to 4 different countries in Europe. Moreover, they will also get a chance to do an internship during their two years of study. The number of scholarships available is 2,500.
Students from all over the world can apply to the European Joint Master’s Degree program. It is sponsored by the European Commission. Applications have started to pour in for the Master’s programs starting in fall 2022-2023.
Erasmus Scholarship is among the most generous scholarships in the world. The number of accepted students in this scholarship program for the 2022 intake was 2,450. The Joint master’s program is available for 1 and 2 years (60 – 120 ECTS). The recipients will be able to get funding from 12 to 24 months. All the educational and living expenses are covered under Erasmus+.
The last date to apply for this Erasmus scholarship varies with every program. Applicants should check out their respective university’s official website to find out more about it.
Funding Value of the Erasmus+ Mundus Scholarship 2022:
The benefits of this Erasmus Mundus scholarships includes:
- A monthly stipend of 1100 – 1500 Euros
- Tuition fee waiver
- Traveling allowance
- Airfare for international travel
- Travel allowance for when the recipient moves to another country during the course of his/her studies.
- A Work visa will be granted to all the recipients once they finish their master’s or Ph.D. This will enable them to live in their country of choice even after their studies.
Erasmus+ scholarship is like Fulbright scholarship reserved for studying in Europe. The benefits of both of them are pretty similar. Students aspiring to study in Europe should definitely apply to this scholarship.
Details of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2022:
Within this scholarship program, the recipients will be able to study in three of the European Universities and countries. In the end, they will get a dual degree awarded by two of the European institutions. The recipients can study in Europe, Australia, or the USA for a maximum of two years. That means they will spend each semester in a different country.
The Requirements to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship:
Potential applicants should apply for IELTS or TOEFL in September or October (in case the test centers are closed because of the pandemic situation, the applicants can consider emailing their respective coordinators and asking them to exempt them from submitting the test scores).
There are some programs that are accepting other language tests like that of Duolingo English Test Proficiency. It is an alternative test for IELTS and it lets the students give a test from home.
- All the applicants should score at least 6.5 in IELTS. No GRE or GMAT is required.
- There is no need to contact the professors for intake. Just go to your relevant program’s official website and follow the instruction given there.
- No work experience is required either.
- All the applicants need to have at least 16 years of education completed.
- There is no age restriction for applying.
- There are a number of students who have gotten the scholarship despite having a low CGPA. So students with average grades can also take their chances.
- Two letters of recommendation are required too. This requirement varies with every program. Applicants should be able to get more information about this from the program’s website they are intending to apply to.
- A certificate of residence. This certificate ensures that you have not been residing in Europe for a year or more in the past five years. This certificate can be acquired from your university, workplace, or local municipal office. It also needs to be attested by a public lawyer.
- Previous degrees and transcripts.
- A letter of motivation. The wording length of it varies with every program. However, some programs do not specify any limits.
- Study plan essay or a research project proposal
Tips for Getting Selected for Erasmus Mundus Program:
- Keep enhancing your knowledge in the field you are applying to. Erasmus+ interviews are technical and hard to clear. So, the more knowledge you have the more are your chances of getting the scholarship.
- Make an impactful motivational letter. It can very well be the only thing that can help you especially if you do not have a good enough CGPA.
- Your co-curricular, extra-curricular activities and online courses that you may have done can also make a strong profile. Online courses are especially useful when you are switching fields.
Step by Step Application Process of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2022-2023:
- Applicants should go to Erasmus’s Mundus scholarship website and contact the program coordinators from there.
- The Erasmus link contains all the programs that are being offered.
- The official website of Erasmus contains the whole procedure to submit the application.
- The last dates of submission vary with every program. Applications can be submitted anytime between December to February.
- Students can select up to three programs in which they wish to study in order of preference.