If you’ve been waiting for the Katholischer Akademischer Ausländer-Dienst (KAAD) scholarships 2022 to open, then now is the time to apply. Based in Germany, the KAAD Scholarship provides postgraduate funding for promising young candidates from Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Ibero America. This German scholarship opportunity is open to all individuals who are starting their master’s or doctoral degrees from Germany’s institutions.
This German KAAD Scholarship program includes two categories of scholarships; S1 and S2. S1 program is for students who are applying from a foreign country, whereas the S2 program is for candidates who reside in Germany. The application and selection process for this scholarship is available twice a year in March and September. While the application form is given online, here is everything else you need to know.
Benefits of KAAD Scholarships:
Educationally outstanding individuals from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, or Latin America are eligible for the KAAD Scholarships 2022. This scholarship covers the candidate’s airfare and accommodations in Germany, as well as language classes prior to starting their school.
KAAD expects graduates to demonstrate the characteristics and commitments listed below:
- During the semesters and research projects, the performance is over the ordinary.
- The focus of the study or research must add value to the candidate’s country.
- The candidate must want to take an active part in cultural and religious activities, also take part in the productive discussion.
There are no particular disciplines that are preferred. The selection panel, on the other hand, has a history of favoring courses and subjects that are relevant to the candidate’s native nation. This is especially significant in the case of Ph.D. thesis topics.
KAAD Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the KAAD scholarships:
- The candidate has to be a citizen of Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are presently residing in one of the regions.
- They must hold college graduation and work experience in their country.
- The candidate must have a CGPA above 3.0 or have grades B and above.
- The candidate must wish to pursue a master’s degree or a Doctorate from a German college, as well as post-doctoral researching work (2-6 months for experienced college teachers).
- Candidates who are applying for the Master’s program must not be more than 30 years old.
- Candidates applying for the Ph.D. programs must not be more than 35 years old.
- The candidate must be a Catholic or a member of another Christian sect.
- Candidates who practice other faiths are eligible to apply provided they are proposed by Catholic partners and are able to demonstrate their commitment to interfaith dialogue.
- Upon beginning the program, the candidate must be able to communicate in German. KAAD can also arrange a maximum 6-month language course in Germany.
How to Apply for KAAD Scholarships in Germany?
Candidates who desire to study in Germany on scholarship must go to the official website of the KAAD scholarship and apply online (Application link given at the far end of this article). In the application, the candidate will first be asked to answer a questionnaire. Following this, if the candidate is eligible, they must provide the documents asked for.
Once the candidate has applied, their application will be processed towards the independent selection board.
KAAD Scholarships Application Deadline
The applicants can apply for the KAAD Scholarships throughout the year and the successful applicants will receive emails of their selection once the due diligence of scholarships applications gets completed.