We are happy to inform our readers that the fully-funded UNICEF internships for the 2022 batch are currently open for online applications for the majority of countries.
So do you want to get affiliated with a principal working body of the United Nations? If yes, then give this article a good read to find out how you can do so.
Benefits of the UNICEF Internship Program:-
Following are the perks and benefits associated with the UNICEF Internship Program:
#1 Paid opportunity:-
The UNICEF Internship Program is a paid opportunity for students in which they will receive a full compensation or stipend for the work they perform.
#2 A diverse range of fields:-
UNICEF’s Internship program assigns eligible students from both undergraduate and graduate levels from a wide range of academic backgrounds.
#3 Practical work assignments:-
Interns are given an opportunity to perform actual challenging tasks and not just to Photostat papers and fetch coffee. The UNICEF interns will get hands-on experience of working on the office to field-oriented projects.
#4 Feasibility of working:-
The internship offered by UNICEF is feasible to join by the UNICEF interns as they range from part-time, full-time, on site, and remote.
#5 Living accommodation:-
Interns are also awarded a stipend towards residential accommodation by UNICEF.
#6 Travel allowance:-
A one-time airfare is also granted in a lump sum to desirous UNICEF interns, including their visa costs.
UNICEF Internship Programs:-
The United Nations International Children’s Education Fund launches its internships every year with a view to accepting thoughtful and hardworking students from around the world to participate in its cause of making the world a better place to dwell in for the children around the world, particularly of developing and underdeveloped countries.
And you too can join this esteemed UNICEF organization in their cause, simply by following the procedures mentioned below.
What degree programs does UNICEF hire interns from?
UNICEF hires its interns from a diverse range of academic backgrounds, generally those who harmonize with its cause. Following are some of the academic fields for which the UNICEF opens its vacancies:
- Finance and Administration
- Human Resources
- Information Communication Technology
- Operations and Business Management
- Supply Chain Management/ Logistics
- Communication for Development (C4D)
- Knowledge Management
- Program Management
- Statistics and Monitoring
- Social and Economic Policy Development
- Child Protection Programs.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for UNICEF internships:-
The UNICEF does not have harsh requirements for applying to its internship programs, rather has a few lenient terms for its internship program applicants. So make sure that you abide by those limitations before submitting your online application.
#1 Educational requirements:
- All the applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree program at the time of applying
- Those people who have graduated from university not more than 2 years earlier than the time of applying are also eligible to apply
- They must have shown exceptional academic performance in their recent university/ educational institution
#2 Age requirements:
- All the applicants must be at least 18 years old while the upper age limit is not specified.
#3 Language requirements:
- Those applying to the UNICEF Internship Program must have command over either English, French, or Spanish
- Proficiency in the working language of the office being applied to is also required.
#4 Other requirements:
- Candidates must not have any immediate relatives (father, mother, siblings, grandparents) working with UNICEF
- Candidates having any other relatives in their reporting line of authority are not eligible to apply to the Internship program.
Note: Candidates having previous professional experience relevant to the faculty they are applying to will be given special consideration.
How to Apply for UNICEF Internships?
The procedure of applying to the UNICEF Internship Program requires the following steps to be followed:
Step 1: Search for an intern vacancy at UNICEF:-
When a UNICEF office recognizes the need for an intern to support their team, they publish the opportunity on their official website (Interns portal link of UNICEF available at the end of the article).
You can easily find internship opportunities posted on UNICEF’s Jobs Page. Once you find one suitable for yourself, you can proceed with the following steps:
Step 2: Create your profile:-
Build up a compelling profile that envisages all of your achievements and skill sets before continuing to apply for the desired position.
Step 3: Fill out the form:-
After creating your profile, fill out the application form available on the website and attach your documents (list given below).
Step 4: Submit your application:-
The last step is to submit your application online and that’s it. After that, applications will be shortlisted, assessed, and finalized by UNICEF’s recruitment panel.
UNICEF Internship Application Deadline & Duration:-
The applicants can apply for UNICEF project internships throughout the year whereas the time duration of the UNICEF Internship Program varies every year but generally falls between 6 and 26 weeks.
Start Your Career at UNICEF:
This was the end of our educational news story. Now is the right time for you to start your application for the UNICEF Internship Program as the web portal is open for accepting online applications. Good luck with your application. Feel free to ask questions in the comments.