The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships for the batch of 2022-2023 for undergrad, master, and doctoral degree programs are open for international students. Students interested to study for free in German Universities must take advantage of applying for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship.
Heinrich Boll Foundation offers scholarships to German and international students each year to finance their studies and stay in Germany. The number of Heinrich scholarships awarded this year is 1,200. The Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships are funded by the DAAD foundation and the Heinrich Boll Foundation and are awarded to students at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. These are considered as one of the best and most prestigious German Scholarship Awards.
No application fee is required to apply for these Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarships and students studying in any German university and in any subject area are welcome to apply. This scholarship is awarded to those students who have performed outstandingly well in their academics, and are socially active. They must also believe in the basic values of this foundation which are sustainability, ecology, democracy, human rights, self-determination, and justice.
The Heinrich scholarship foundation abides by the rules and guidelines specified by Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and its foreign office. A scholarship recipient will get the scholarship for the whole duration of his/her study program.
Benefits of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
At the undergraduate and graduate levels, students who have gotten their education in Germany and other EU nationals who have never been educated in Germany will be entitled to a monthly stipend of up to 713 USD as well as 330 USD for book money (this is the maximum funding and the amount of it depends upon a recipient’s personal and family income).
Non-EU students who have not been educated in Germany will get a monthly stipend of 934 USD per month for their personal expenses. They will also be entitled to other allowances, the amount and nature of which varies from student to student.
At the doctoral level, students who have studied in Germany and EU nationals who have never studied in Germany will get a monthly stipend of 1,484 USD. They will get another allowance of 110 USD for offsetting their research expenses. Non-EU students who haven’t studied in Germany will get a monthly allowance/stipend of 1,319 USD. They too will get 110 USD per month for their mobility expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
To stand eligible to apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023; the applicant needs to fulfill the following basic requirements:
- All the applicants must be studying or enrolled in an accredited higher education institution or a state university in Germany.
- The applicants should be able to present a Level DSH 2 or B2 certificate for proving their German language proficiency.
- Applicants can be studying any subject area but the applicants who are studying those subject areas that are close to the foundation’s basic values will be given a special priority.
- Master’s level students will be awarded the scholarship for the regular duration of their study programs, but their tenure can be increased by a semester. Doctoral candidates will be given the scholarship for two years, though the tenure can be increased by a year or a half. Applicants will have to apply separately for the renewal of the Heinrich scholarship.
Application Procedure of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship:
Applicants will have to submit an online application for applying to the Heinrich Boll Foundation scholarship. The applications open around six weeks before the deadline.
- The application form is available on the official website of Heinrich Boll Foundation.
- Fill out the application form and attach all the required documents scanned copies in PDF format.
- Submit the correctly filled out application form before the deadline arrives.
Documents Required for Heinrich Boll Scholarships Application:
Make sure to prepare the following set of documents for the application submission purposes of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships:
- Application form of Heinrich Boll Foundation (Online) (Link available at end of article)
- Motivational Letter for applying to a certain program, subject area, and the scholarship
- Candidate’s resume
- An essay outlining the candidate’s political and social interests
- Outline of the research project proposal that the candidate is going to undertake (for Ph.D. students only)
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s last degree (upload translated version if the degree is in a language other than English or German)
- Current transcript of those students who already have started their degree programs
- An explanation of the grading system of the applicant’s previous institution if that institution used a grading system that differs from the one practiced in Germany
- Enrolment card of the applicant
- Reference letter from an organization or institution where that applicant has demonstrated his/her social values and commitments.
- Reference letter from the teachers, professors, or lecturers of the candidate’s previous institution.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline in 2022:
The Heinrich Boll scholarship applications are opened two times a year; spring and fall. The deadline to apply for the Heinrich Scholarship for the spring session is April 1st, 2022 and the fall session is September 1st, 2022.