Research in Industrial products for students (RIPS) internship program 2021-2022 is an opportunity for undergraduate students in the fields of computer science and math and other related subject sciences. The students are being provided with an opportunity to work on genuine research projects in groups and teams.
The students will be getting help from an academic and an industrial mentor and will present their results after research. The results will be submitted in oral and written form. The students will be displaying their findings at the end of the program. The program has a span of nine weeks. The students in the program are offered a stipend and travel allowance of 3500 by IPAM. This is once in a lifetime opportunity, to be a part of a real-world project and the first-hand experience of how the great minds work and process information. This opportunity will be able to show the students their understanding of information processing.
RIPS Internship 2021 Benefits and Coverage
RIPS internship program for 2021 includes a monthly stipend of US$3500, free accommodation, free food, and travel expenditures.
The students will be living in the UCLA campus residence halls. There will be a total of nine projects and the sponsors will be announced in March. The nature of the projects varies but the focus point will be data, maths, computing, and statistics.
The eligible students should be 18 years of age and international students are eligible as they are graduating seniors. The RIPS-REU program is also available in Singapore. For further information, you can visit our FAQ page.
RIPS 2021 Internship Application Process:
If you think you fulfill the criteria, then click on the apply button and get going. Go to the page…. And click apply and then follow the steps written below:
- At the end of this article, you will find ‘official link’ and ‘apply now buttons’. Click on the apply now button and after you are done reading the description and requirements of the program; create your account.
- Enter your email and choose a password while login. After that chose the checkbox saying: this is my first login.
- A standard cover sheet needs to be filled by you. You have to make sure that you are entering the two reference letters.
- After clicking submit, you will be redirected to the RIOS application form.
- Fill the RIPS internship form and for the US VISA application; you should enter your country of citizenship. Make sure to choose the program which you should be considered for. International students are eligible only for RIPS-LA internship.
- Upload the required documents for the RIPS internship; which are your CV, two letters of reference, and your transcripts. The transcripts can be in form of hope certificate if you haven’t yet graduated. Make sure that you have checked the checkboxes which are next to your reference letter and then click the submit application button.
- After the completion of the internship application form; Thank you for your application message will appear.
- For status updates, you can check your status page of the RIPS internship website.
The RIPS internship program online form submission deadline is February 12, 2021, 8:59 (Pacific Time). All the forms submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
RIPS Internship is a program that is restricted to students who have recently enrolled or have recently completed the undergraduate program. The graduates who have recently received a degree are able to apply for their degree is not earlier than December 2020. Alongside your application for the internship; consider the submission of a cover letter with your internship application.
Wondering why you should consider doing an internship? Read this article that uncovers the reasons for doing an internship. At the end of your RIPS internship, you need to submit an internship report as well. During the internship; you may be asked to submit weekly internship reports as well.