The South Korean Educational Institute of Seoul National University admissions department started accepting online applications for the fully-funded Korean Scholarships for the class of 2022-2023.
Studying abroad at a prestigious university, especially under a scholarship program, is like a dream come true for many. All thanks to the government of South Korea that has made it possible. It is one of the top destinations in the world to get higher education international due to academic excellence and a competitive environment. Meanwhile, this country has many reputable universities offering fully funded scholarships for graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees.
Among these universities, Seoul National University is one of the renowned research-oriented universities placed at 9th position in Asia. It offers around 300 plus scholarships to overseas students for MS, Ph.D., and MS leading Ph.D. programs. Interested candidates can apply for it as the application are open for session 2022-2023.
Financial Coverage Plan of Seoul University Scholarships:
The scholarships offered by Seoul National University come with different financial plans. We have briefly listed down all the benefits one can get in any or all of the scholarships offered by them;
- Educational tuition fees refund or waiver (full or partial)
- Monthly pocket money for living expenses on campus
- Residential allowance or a room facility with housekeeping
- Health insurance coverage (optional)
- Airfare funding (In some cases)
Seoul University Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
Must check the mentioned eligibility requirements before applying for these Seoul National University Scholarships to avoid any inconvenience.
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The applicant and his parents must not be citizens of Korea.
- The applicant must not be enrolled in any other scholarship while applying for it.
- The applicant must be fit, physically and mentally.
- A bachelor’s degree is a must to get enrolled in any Master’s degree program. Similarly, for Ph.D., a candidate must hold a Master’s degree.
- Candidates applying for Art Management or Business Administration must have TOPIK Level 6.
- Good Academic results along with English Language proficiency are a must.
Scholarships offered by Seoul National University Scholarships with Benefits:
Indeed, the South Korean government, in collaboration with Seoul National University, is offering various scholarships like;
#1 (GSFS) Graduate Scholarship for Excellent Foreign Students:
The benefits of this GSFS scholarship program are;
- A complete tuition fee waiver for 4 semesters.
- 500,000 KRW/ month as living expenses.
#2 Overseas Koreans Scholarships:
- Tuition fee exemption, completely for 4 semesters.
- 900,000 KRW monthly as living expenses till 4 semesters.
- Medical insurance.
- It covers airfare for one way trip (economy class).
- Free Korean language training for 6 months.
#3 KGSP / GKS Scholarships:
- Tuition fee waiver for Master’s program => 4 semesters.
- Tuition fee waiver for Ph.D. program => 6 semesters.
- 900,000 KRW per month, living expenses.
- One economy class trip airfare.
- One year of free Korean Language training.
- Medical coverage.
- Funds for Research.
- Thesis printing fees.
- Resettlement expenses.
- Seoul National University Global Scholarship:
- Approx. 160 students get enrolled in this program.
- It covers tuition fees.
- Provides living expenses and airfare.
- Also, gives housing expenses.
- Language training support.
- Additional funding for academics.
List of Courses Offered at Seoul National University:
The renowned university of Seoul Korea is offering a variety of programs under this scholarship, including;
- Music Education
- Fine Arts Education
- Engineering Architecture
- Social & Natural Sciences
- Business Administration & Medical Sciences
- Human Ecology
- Environmental and International Studies
Scholarship Application Process at Seoul National University:
- Create an online account on the Seoul National University Admissions portal.
- Fill in the applicant’s details and mention the degree program candidate is interested in.
- Attach all relevant documents requested for assessment.
- Proofread your final application before submission.
- Every year the academic session of Seoul National university starts in the spring, so apply before the due date.
- Interested candidates must apply for it online by creating an account on their website and submitting the registration fees.
Documents needed for Seoul National University Scholarship Application:
- Study plan
- Personal statement
- Highest Degree Diploma.
- Letters of Recommendation. (2)
- All-Academic Transcripts and Certificates.
- English Language Proficiency Test score.
- Nationality certificate.
- Research proposal.
- Parents’ NIC and passport (photocopies).
- Parents’ Nationality Certificate.
- Thesis for Ph.D. programs.
- Letter of motivation.
NOTE: All the submitted documents must be in PDF format.
Seoul National University Scholarship Application Deadline:
The scholarship applications for the Seoul National University for the class of 2022-2023 are currently open to apply online till 15th July 2022.