Space X offers countless internships for the academic year 2023-2024. Every opportunity is different, but SpaceX is known for giving interns/associate engineers hands-on, challenging projects and responsibilities that directly impact the company’s business and mission. Additionally, SpaceX provides relocation, housing assistance, and special events specifically for interns/associate engineers.
SpaceX is currently seeking top talent to join our Intern Program. Our year-round program offers an unparalleled opportunity to play a direct role in transforming space exploration and helping us realize the next evolution of humanity as a multi-planetary species. Opportunities are available across all engineering functions and business operations at SpaceX.
Internships are open to both technical and non-technical candidates currently enrolled at a four-year accredited university. For business operations and software roles, internship candidates may also be within 6 months of graduation from the university by the start of employment or currently enrolled in a graduate program. Engineering and software interns play significant roles in the design, development, testing, and manufacturing of spaceflight hardware. Similarly, business operations interns are critical to achieving SpaceX’s core business goals.
Funding Coverage of Space X Internship Progam 2023
Internships and associate engineer opportunities at SpaceX are paid, and can also be used to satisfy course credit at the discretion of your university. Please note that as an intern/associate engineer at SpaceX, you may work on proprietary, sensitive, and/or ITAR-controlled projects; as such, we are unable to allow presentations, papers, or reports on the work you complete at SpaceX.
If necessary, however, we will be pleased to confirm the dates of your employment with your university or instructor, and provide a brief overview of the types of experience SpaceX internships and associate engineer opportunities provide.
Qualification & Eligibility Criteria for Space X Internships
Following are the basic and preferred eligibility standards as specified by the Space X HR team to recruit competent candidates for their space internship program:
- Hands-on experience through lab research, engineering project teams, or through a prior relevant internship or work experience
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university or college
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university within the past 6 months by the start of employment or currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Business operations or software applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college or within 6-month post-graduation
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
Duration of Space X Internships
Interns/associate engineers must be available full-time for a minimum of 12 weeks in 2023. At SpaceX, these opportunities are available year-round during the following seasons:
- Spring (Jan–Apr)
- Summer (May–Aug)
- Fall (Sept-Dec)
Prepare Resume (CV) for the Space X Internship Application:
In addition to your contact information, the space X team encourages all applicants to include the following on their resume (CV) for internship application:
- All prior relevant internships/co-ops or jobs
- University name, degree and major(s), cumulative GPA, and graduation date
- Relevant project team involvement and role on the team