The fully-funded Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden) university Scholarships for the academic year of 2022-2023 are now being accepted by the international student office.
TU Dresden is one of the most prestigious yet reputable universities in Germany. The full name of TU Dresden is Technische Universität Dresden, which started at the Saxon Technical Royal School in 1828.
TU Dresden comes under the top 11 Universities of Excellence in Germany. However, its location is in the Dresden city of Germany that is quite affordable and cheap as compared to the other cities of Germany.
In TU Dresden, around 32,000 students from 125 countries are enjoying a unique learning experience with quality education in its 18 faculties, offering almost 124 variant degree courses for two semesters (winters and summers). As per the reports, around 32,852 students are getting degrees from this university. Meanwhile, 16% are overseas students struggling day and night for their future.
The TU Dresden aims to attract creative and innovative minds from all over the world to its campus, where they can explore a new world of education and knowledge. In this regard, several scholarships are available for talented international candidates.
Medium of Instruction in TU Dresden:
Most of the lectures and courses get conducted in the German language here. But there are various degree programs for which the medium of instruction is English. A candidate must check the language requirement before applying for any scholarship and admission at TU Dresden.
Admission Acceptance Rate at TU Dresden: 52% for Undergrad and 48% for Postgrad
Getting admission here is a bit competitive. However, the acceptance rate for undergraduate candidates is 52%, and for postgraduates, it is 48%.
The Application Process for Scholarships at TU Dresden:
This public university is famous for giving free education to all local and international students. Meanwhile, financial support for overseas candidates is also available in the form of scholarships and various tuition grants.
While applying for an admission or a scholarship at TU Dresden, it is crucial to check out the application process and required documents with the eligibility criteria to avoid any inconvenience in the end. The application portals for the application process may vary as per the different degree programs & citizenships of the candidates.
However, candidates are obliged to submit the complete set of required documents with the academic transcripts and certificates.
List of Scholarships Offered by TU Dresden:
Various scholarships are there for passionate overseas candidates. Their purpose is to make the educational journey smooth and tension-free.
- Tuition-Free Scholarship Program for Bachelor’s Candidates:
This scholarship program is for all the undergraduate international students getting their degrees from TU Dresden.
Scholarship Value: Full tuition fee waiver.
To become eligible for this program, the candidates have to submit the German Language Proficiency certificate. On the other hand, it is equally crucial to show proof of the required degree certificate or equivalent qualification certificate.
All such documents will get assessed by the Uni assist first. Once these documents comply with the criteria, they will transfer to the TU Dresden.
However, country-related documents may vary. Therefore, check the requirements before applying.
- Tuition-Free Scholarship for Master’s Degree:
Such scholarship is available for the candidates enrolled in the Master’s degree program.
Scholarship Value: Free-tuition free education.
- To apply for this scholarship, the candidate must be proficient in the German language or have Language Proficiency Certificate.
- However, candidates enrolled in English taught courses must consult the department related to the proficiency certificate.
- Meanwhile, for exchange programs, universities are also offering language training programs for free.
- Further information regarding the language training course is here.
- DAAD Scholarship for Master’s Degree:
It is a golden opportunity for all the overseas candidates to pursue their postgraduate studies in one of the prestigious universities of Germany under a DAAD scholarship program.
Scholarship Duration: 10 months to maximum 24 months.
Scholarship Value: 861 euros / month.
Scholarship Benefits: Accommodation, Health, Accident, and Liability insurance, Travel expenses, One-time study allowance.
Additional Benefits include;
- Monthly subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for family members.
- Chronic disease allowance (if any)
Selection Criteria includes;
- Information regarding the application requirement is just a click away.
- Germany Academic Exchange Service Scholarship Program:
It is a scholarship for Doctoral Degree. This scholarship aims to provide finds and support to Doctoral degree candidates for their Research or Study projects.
Eligible candidates: Those who have completed their Master’s degree can apply for it.
Scholarship Duration: 4 years.
However, these funds will be given initially for one year. But it will get expanded based on academic performance in the previous semester.
Scholarship Value: For Graduates —> 861 euros, for Doctoral candidates —>1,200 euros
- Health insurance.
- Travel allowance.
- Subsidy per month (additional)
- Monthly family allowance (additional)
- Online language training course fee.
Selection Criteria depends upon the following things;
- Academic progress.
- Research proposal.
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- For application procedure and requirements, click the link.
- National Scholarship program:
In the German language, it is known as Deutschland stipendium. It is a joint scholarship program by the BMBF and some private sponsors. This scholarship is available for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. degrees.
The Scholarship Grant is 300 euros/month for an academic year. Out of which, 150 euros will get sponsored by the Federal Government. However, the remaining 150 euros will be given by the private sponsors, for instance, organizations, alumni, etc.
- Free Tuition Fee Scholarship for Doctoral Degree:
- Candidates having a degree in Bachelor’s or Master’s can apply for this scholarship program.
- This scholarship provided a complete tuition fee waiver for the selected candidates.
- Interested candidate can pursue their Doctoral Degree in any of the following fields;
- Medical Sciences, etc.
- Information related to the Doctoral Degree regulations is here.