The Canadian government opened the application window for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) 2022-2023 and the deadline to submit an application is September 1, 2022.
If you too want to benefit from all this and more, we have good news for you. The Canadian government is starting to accept online applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program soon. So, it is high time you gather all the necessary information for applying to the respective Canadian scholarships.
Coverage and Benefits of Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:-
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are fully funded scholarship awards for Ph.D. Level students which cover a wide range of overheads. Some of the main grants and privileges offered to students in the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program are as follows:
- An annual grant worth $50,000 to scholarship holders
- Fully funded tuition fee for 3 years
- A chance to pursue Ph.D. Degree in any Canadian institution of the award winners’ choice
- Development of personal traits
- Students can also get partial funding for their studies based on their:
- Academic achievements
- Research proposals
- Leadership qualities.
Eligibility Criteria for the Vanier Canada Scholarships 2022-2023:-
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, in spite of being highly competitive scholarship awards, have simple eligibility criteria, which can easily help any doctorate-level student rank in the list of meritorious students.
Following is the eligibility criteria for the postgraduate level students applying to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023 :
#1 Nationality Requirements:
- All the people applying for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships must be Canadian nationals
- Foreign students aiming to study in Canada are also eligible to apply for the program
#2 Educational Requirements:
- Applicants must be full-time Canadian institution students
- They must be pursuing the first Ph.D. Program
- Only those candidates are allowed to apply for the awards whose university is receiving the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships quota
- All the applicants must have a first-class average in their previous 2 years of study
- Applicants must be full-time students in Canadian universities. However, students can also be enrolled as part-time students if they have some disability or have a family to support
- For part-time students, 2 months of study will be considered as a one-month-long study in comparison to full-time students
#3 Other Requirements:
- Students pursuing joint professional degree programs such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. Are also eligible to apply to provide that only the Ph.D. Tenure of their degree will be funded
- Candidates must show remarkable research skills in their research proposals
- None of the applicants should be faculty members of the institution which is receiving the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships quota. However, they can be eligible if they take leave for pursuing their Ph.D. Degrees from the institution
- Canadian Federal Government employees can also apply for the program, only if they are granted an unpaid leave by the government
- Candidates are free to apply for both Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program and agency-specific Ph.D. Scholarship programs. However, upon selection, they will have to select any one program to fund their Ph.D. Degrees
- Applicants receiving scholarships or fellowships from either of the below mentioned Canadian agencies are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
#4 Age requirements:
- No instructions have been dispensed in this regard.
Apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:-
The Canadian government has not imposed any tedious procedures for applying for its Canadian scholarship programs. And the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program is no exception.
You can effortlessly apply to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023 by following the following steps:
Step 1: Applying to a host Canadian institution:-
In order to avail of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, the applicants must first apply to a university that has a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships quota.
Step 2: Nomination by the university:-
After getting admitted, only those students will be selected for the Vanier CGS who are nominated by their universities.
Step 3: Application submission to the university:-
After that, the nominated students will be required to submit their complete application forms, along with their documents (list given below) to their universities before the given deadline.
These internal submission dates may vary according to different universities.
Step 4: Final submission by the universities:-
As a final step towards application processes, the universities will forward their nominees’ applications to the selection panel of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program before the closing date.
Note: Interested students cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023.
List of Documents Required for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:-
Candidates interested in applying for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program must possess the following documents:
- A Research Net application form (Link given at the end of article)
- Two reference letters
- A CV or Resume
- The Research contributions (not more than one page in length)
- A personal statement (depicting the leadership qualities of all the candidates)
- Study plan
- A research proposal (a minimum of 2 pages in length)
- Project preferences (a minimum of 5 pages in length)
- Academic proofs
- Academic transcripts
- Previous academic certificates
- Proof of special circumstances (only in case of part-time students)- (a minimum of 0.5 pages in length)
Application deadline for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:-
There are two deadlines for submitting the applications for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program:
- Institution Internal Deadline:
Each institution has a different internal deadline. These deadlines are posted by the institutions which receive Vanier’s CGS quota on the Research Net. Candidates must submit their applications within the deadline.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program deadline:
The deadline for application submission for the Vanier CGS program is September 1, 2022. This deadline is to be followed by the nominating institutions.
Start Your Canadian Scholarship Application:
This was the end of our educational news story. Now, is the time for you to start your application for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023.
There are three intake sessions for Vanier Canada Graduate Award Scholarship in the following year; that is May 1, 2022, September 1, 2022, or January 1, 2023. So, prepare yourself with an intake session that suits you the best and submit your application timely.
Good luck with your application.
In case of further queries, feel free to ask questions in the comments.