Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2022-2023 is now accepting applications from international students and it has a deadline of November 3, 2021.
Coverage of Vanier Graduate Award
The Canadian Government announced a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship for international students to pursue doctoral studies in Candian Universities. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships provides around US$51,000 per year to every international student during their stay in Canada for studies.
The International Students who wish to apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS) shall get a chance to complete their Ph.D. at their preferred University. Their studies will be fully or partially sponsored by CGS Canadian Graduate scholarship.
Programs under Vanier Award
Vanier Graduate Scholarship by the Canadian government will be equally awarded to the students of the following disciplines:
- Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Social Sciences
- Health Research (CIHR) of Canadian Institutes
- Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and Natural Sciences
Application Process of Vanier Graduate Scholarship:
The step by step procedure to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is given below:
Before you apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, make sure that you must meet all the requisites of admission and scholarship award mentioned by the nominating institution.
Applicants that do not meet all the eligibility criteria of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship will not be accepted.
- Applicant must not hold Fellowship or Ph.D. level scholarship from SSHRC, CIHR, or NSERC to complete or undertake Ph.D. program elsewhere
- The candidate must have an outstanding educational record
- The applicant must have an acceptance letter or invitation letter by the professor of nominating university
- Must be pursuing his first doctoral degree
Eligibility of Regions for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS): Open for all
List of documents needed to apply for the Venier Scholarship:
All the applicants interested in applying for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship have to submit two online applications which are mentioned below:
Following instructions can be read before starting your online application for the Vanier scholarship:
- Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating institution) using the ResearchNet application system.
- The nominating institution performs the internal candidate selection process.
- The nominating institution forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by November 3, 2021 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Secretariat coordinates the review process.
- The Secretariat presents the recommendations to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- The TAP Steering Committee endorses and approves final decisions for the Vanier CGS program.
- Nominated candidates are notified of the competition results in April 2022.
Vanier Graduate Scholarship Result Announcement
If your application stands out then the University will nominate you for the Canada Graduate Scholarship sponsored by Vanier. Applicants will get a confirmation of receipt by email soon after the announcement of the result. If you don’t get this confirmation email, you should contact the staff of graduate investigations to decide the status of your application/nomination.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is announced every year for all international students and the application deadline is November 3, 2021.
There are two deadlines pertaining to the 2022-2023 competition:
- Institution internal deadline: Following the student’s identification in ResearchNet of the institution proposed for doctoral study (see Task 10), an additional deadline date and time will appear at the top of each page. This is the deadline by which your application must be submitted to the institution through ResearchNet. This deadline is set and controlled by each institution. You will not be able to submit your application past this precise date and time.
- Program deadline: Institutions must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 3, 2021 (20:00 Eastern Time).
Further information on the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) is now open for all international students, so now, you have the opportunity to apply online for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) before the deadline.