Australia is one of the favorite study destinations for international students due to the availability of fully funded Australian scholarships and high research index which motivate international scholars to choose Australia for their research and studies. You might not know this but education is very expensive in Australia but there are ways to get that expensive education for free and that can be done if you manage to win a fully funded Australian Awards Scholarship and for that you need to read this article today because the application window will be closing soon.
Let me tell you that Australian Awards Scholarship AAS for 2024-2025 academic session is currently open for applications for international students and if you want to pursue your graduation or master’s degree in Australia then you can take advantage by applying for this Australian scholarship.
Students from all developing countries, especially those living in the Indo-Pacific region, are encouraged by the Australian government to apply for the Australian Awards Scholarship 224 to continue their studies at highly ranked Australian universities whereas, all winners of this Australia scholarship will get free education, free accommodation, free of cost research material and laboratory access with an opportunity to increase their skillset and expertise in various subjects and serve their nation in better ways.
Australian Government Scholarship Coverage
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits under this scholarship program.
- Zero tuition fee with Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- One time return airfare from the home country to Australia and then back to the home country.
- AUD 5000 will be provided as an establishment allowance and this is provided to arrange accommodation, textbooks, and other required material.
- students will receive a grant of almost AUD 3000 twice a month for living expenses as per Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE); so this grant can vary depending on the recommendations of the department where the student is enrolled.
- A free of cost Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
- Before the studies start, the students will undergo an obligatory program to understand life and studies in Australia.
- Australia scholarship winners will get basic medical insurance for the entire tenure of their studies in Australia.
- Above all, students are also provided with additional benefits to complete their degrees in Australia and serve in their home country.
Here, i think it is very pertinent to mention that this Australian scholarship program does not offer any financial or other support for the dependents (Family/spouse) of students so if a student brings a family, then all additional expenses will be done by candidate themselves.
List of Eligible Countries for Australian Awards Scholarship in 2024:
If you belong from any of these stated countries then i have got a good news for you to apply for Australia Award scholarship because Australia is accepting students from any of these countries: Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Maldives, Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Federated States of Micronesia, Indonesia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Africa, Vietnam, Republic of Palau, Kiribati, Palestinian Territories, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Tonga, Mongolia, Marshall Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa, Laos, Tuvalu, Timor-Leste, Wallis, and Futuna.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Government Scholarship
You can actually find out here if you are eligible for an Australia Award scholarship or not with the help of the following set of parameters so do not delay and read these following eligibility standards to see if you can apply for this Australian scholarship or not:
- Scholarship applicant should be at least 18 years old and physically fit
- Only those applicants from above-mentioned countries can apply for this Australian scholarship
- Scholarship candidate must have a valid passport with at least 6 months in expiry remaining
- Please also check subject/degree specific eligibility requirements to apply for AAS scholarship
- Australian citizens living abroad are not eligible to apply for AAS scholarship
- Applicant of Australian scholarships must be law abiding citizen of their countries
English Requirements for Australian Government Scholarship
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) requires a certificate from all students to prove that English is their native language or they have received education in English. The students can also submit their English transcripts as proof.
- TOEFL, PTE Academic, and IELTS are among the other tests the students may have to pass before the commencement of their studies under this Australian scholarship and these tests are for those who do not meet DFAT’s English language requirements.
- Usually, these English language tests are valid for two years. Thus, the passing certificates should not be older than two years otherwise they will have to undergo the tests again.
- The scores for different tests should be as under:
- A minimum band of 6.5 overall for IELTS. Also, there should be no band below 6.0
- A minimum score of 580 in the TOEFL written test along with 4.5 scores in English writing, however, a score of 92 is also acceptable if the students undergo tests online.
- 58 score with 50 in communication skills is recommended for PTE Academic tests.
- The students will have to fulfill all the English language requirements of the department they are going to take admission if these are different than those recommended by the Australian Awards Scholarship.
Application Procedure for Australian Awards Scholarship
I strongly advice all our students to pay attention on opening and closing dates of admissions under this Australian government scholarship program because these dates may vary for different countries. Therefore, students must select their country of residence and then check the application deadline dates for their country.
I also think this is worth mentioning that some countries require students to apply online while others demand hard copies of all the documents along with the application form so all you need to do is to select your country at Australian Award scholarship page and then you will be taken to your country specific Australian scholarship application process page.
How to apply for an Australian Government Scholarship?
Answering a few simple questions on Online portal for Australia award Scholarship Information System (OASIS) will take you through steps of complete submission of your online application.
One of the most interesting things about application submission is that there is no need to fill it out hurriedly and apply immediately, as you can save your application in their system and come back later to complete it but before the deadline.
Submission of Application by Mail
If a student faces any issue in submitting the online application, the Australia Awards Council also accepts applications through email and for that you need to get a hard copy of the application form and other templates required and submit those through email after filling.
Documents Required for Online Application for Australian Government Scholarship
- Attested copies of all the degrees completed.
- Attested copies of birth certificate, National Identity Card, and Passport.
- Your work and research experience in the form of a basic CV.
- For research-based MS and Ph.D. Degrees submit academic-based and research-based referee reports.
- A valid certificate of passing TOEFL or IELTS to prove English language efficiency.
- The students seeking admission to Ph.D. Degree will have to submit an acceptance letter from the supervisor. For other courses, there is no such requirement.
- After a student gets selected for Ph.D. Degree in an Australian university, he will submit his research proposal to that institute.
Application Deadline of Australia Award Scholarship: May 1, 2023
Please mark this date of May 1, 2023 which is set as application deadline day for all Australia award scholarships program so now you need to count the remaining days and then submit your application for this fully funded Australia government scholarship before its deadline.
Terms and Conditions for Australia Government Scholarships
The following are the terms and conditions for the scholarship winners:
- They will have to study in the session for which they are granted the scholarship.
- Also, the students will take only those courses for which they are awarded the scholarship.
- The students will always follow the Australian rules as well as the rules of the institution in which they get admission.
- The scholarship winners will show consistent and satisfactory performance in their studies.
- DFAT will maintain clear communication with the student supervisor during this period.
- The scholarship awardees will leave Australia two years after the completion of the degree.