Brunei Government announced the Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarships 2023-2024 for all international students to study for free in Brunei. Brunei Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all educational expenses and also pays a monthly salary/stipend to international students as their living allowance.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake a Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
The classes for the winners of the Brunei Government Scholarship 2023-2024 will begin in August or September 2023.
Brunei Government Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
The Brunei Government Darussalam scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration, and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Universiti of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships Eligibility
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on March 31, 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible for Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Can you bring your family to Brunei if you win the Brunei Government Scholarship?
A Brunei Government Scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child, or children.
Can you work in Brunei while studying or on Brunei Student VISA?
A Brunei scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
How to apply for the Brunei Government Scholarships 2023?
- Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship application form can be downloaded and filled in properly.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on December 31, 2023.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programs, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or inquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via email.
University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
The last date to submit your application for admission on scholarship at the Universiti of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship for the batch of 2023 is set at December 31, 2023.