Qatari Government is inviting online applications for their fully funded Qatari Scholarships without IELTS for the batch of 2024-2025 academic sessions in all of their public sector Qatari Universities.
Qatar, the host of overseas branches of leading US universities like, Cornell University, Georgetown University, Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism also has a number of higher educational institutions of its own. These institutions are top-notch and competitive, yet only one of them has succeeded in getting a spot in the QS World University Ranking and that is Qatar University.
There are many scholarships available in these Qatar Universities for students each year and we will take you closer to those available opportunities in Qatar through this article:
Best Qatar Universities and Medium of Instruction:
The top Qatari Universities are Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, Qatar University, College of North Atlantic Qatar, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, and Doha Institute for Graduate Studies. Most institutions in Qatar use English as their medium of instruction and therefore require IELTS or TOEFL (or any other standardized tests for English language proficiency) from those whose primary language is not English.
Qatar Cost of Living, Visa, and Student Employment:
The cost of living in Doha for a single person is around 10,000 QAR (rent included) and for a family of four, it is around 18,000 QAR. This cost can go down slightly or greatly in other cities in Qatar. Students studying in Qatar on a student visa can work for 20 hours a week on and off-campus when the academic session is on. They have the option to work full time in the holiday season (up to 40 hours a week). The students are usually paid around 40 QAR per hour if they are working on campus.
Qatar Government Scholarships With IELTS Exemption in 2024
Most of the applicants don’t know the fact that they can apply for scholarships and admissions in Qatar Universities with IELTS exemption if they hold an English language Proficiency certificate or any other IELTS-alternate exam scores.
Doha is among the most expensive Middle Eastern cities so the students coming here need to have huge finances to get them through the study period. Luckily there are generous scholarships available in Qatari higher educational institutions that cover the educational expenses of outstanding students in part or full. Some scholarships are also available on a financial need basis. Let’s take a look at them.
Qatar University, to attract talent in the form of local and international students, offers several scholarships. These scholarships are mostly based on scholarly achievement and standing. Qatar University also accepts TOEFL, PTE, CAE, or other English language test scores or an English language proficiency letter if you don’t have IELTS.
Almost all the scholarships cover the cost of tuition but some of them provide other allowances as well like textbook costs and a yearly round trip airfare to international students.
- The internal scholarships are awarded to only local students and cover the cost of tuition and textbooks. There is a certain criterion that the applicants need to meet to be considered for the scholarship.
- In external scholarships, the students can be selected based on endorsement by their respective country’s embassy or they can apply directly to the university. These scholarships, as the name suggests are for international students and cover the awardee’s tuition, books cost, accommodation at the university’s dormitory, and an annual trip to and from the home country.
- The Emir of Qatar scholarship covers the textbooks and tuition costs of 20 students who have the highest scores in their high school examinations. It is only for the citizens of Qatar and is offered to 10 male and 10 female students.
- The GCC states scholarships are awarded to students from GCC countries (apart from Qatar). A quota is allotted to every country and the scholarship is given to the students on the basis of their grades in their last degree. The value of the scholarship is free of cost accommodation at the university and an exemption from paying the tuition fee.
- The University of Qatar offers its employees’ children to study at the university without having to pay the tuition fee. This is valid for three children per employee.
The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies supports its local and international students by offering them various scholarships. These scholarships and grants are given based on merit, financial need, and academic distinction. These scholarships are divided into two categories.
- The Tamim scholarship is offered to those students who show high academic potential. These are open to Qatari citizens and students from Arab countries. The scholarship covers the tuition fees of all the scholarship holders. International students also get accommodation on university premises, a monthly stipend, two plane tickets to and from the home country (given at the time of arrival and upon graduation), and health insurance coverage.
- The Sanad scholarship is given on a financial need basis. It is open for local students, residents of Qatar, and international students and covers the tuition fee (10% to 100%, depending upon how much the student needs the scholarship). The students have to give evidence of their financial need to get the scholarship. International students, alongside getting an exemption from paying the tuition also get hostel accommodation, a monthly stipend, and two plane tickets to and from their home country, and health insurance.
The QAPCO scholarship provides financial assistance to students who are studying in Qatar in several disciplines including but not limited to, Business, Chemical Engineering, Finance, Law, Chemistry, etc.
The grant will give priority to those students who have attended and graduated from high school in the current year and to those who intend to or are studying in an engineering field at a university in Qatar. The value of the scholarship is decided based on the applicant’s competency.
Several need and merit-based scholarships are offered by the Qatar Foundation to students who are studying in any of the institutions in Education City, Doha, Qatar.
- The QF merit-based scholarship is awarded to those students who are studying in Education City for two semesters at least and have a CGPA of 3.6. the scholarship may not be able to cover all the educational expenses of the students but it can help them to a certain degree depending upon which institution they are studying in. This scholarship is renewable provided that the student maintains a CGPA of 3.6.
- The QF financial aid program gives interest-free loans to those financially unstable students who are enrolled in a university in Education City. The students have to repay the loan after graduating through one of the repayment plans offered.
The National Scholarship Program by Qatar Airways supports local students financially and academically via its various scholarship and internship programs. This Qatari scholarship includes a monthly stipend, a chance to develop professional abilities through various training courses, an annual grant to the most exceptional students, and a chance to do an internship at Qatar Airways.