Documents to Apply for Turkey Government Scholarships 2023
Turkish government scholarships 2023-2024 are one of the most prestigious financial grants for international students to study BS, MS, and Ph.D. in Turkey for free. These are fully-funded Turkiye scholarships that let its grantees study in top-class Turkish universities free of cost.
The benefits of this Turkiye scholarship are tuition fee waiver, accommodation, monthly stipend, health insurance, participation in cultural and social activities held at university levels, etc. Turkish government scholarships are very competitive and that’s why very few people are selected every year from thousands of applicants. The application process is simple and straightforward but applicants should be diligent with document submission since the omission of any document or submission of any wrong documents can result in the applicant being disqualified from the competition.
Complete Set of Documents for Turkey Government Scholarship 2023
Following are the documents that need to be submitted along with the Turkish Government Scholarship application:
- Academic transcripts of all the previously earned degrees and diplomas. The scanned copies must be official and certified. Any unofficial/fake copies provided will immediately disqualify the applicant.
- Copy of graduation certificate, degree, and/or diplomas.
- Copy of national exam results.
- Test scores of aptitude tests like the GRE, and GMAT (if such test scores are the requirement of the university or program you have applied to)
- Valid national identification in the form of a NIC card or passport.
- A recent photograph.
- Language certificates of IELTS, TOEFL, etc. Some universities that use Turkish or French language as their medium of instruction may require you to submit test results of Turkish language proficiency tests or DEFL (Diploma of French Language Studies).
- Research proposal stating your detailed research plan (required from Ph.D. candidates).
- Past publications or research conducted if any (required from Ph.D. candidates)
Requirement of IELTS, GRE, and GMAT for Turkey Scholarship
Most of the degree programs included in the Turkey scholarship are taught in the Turkish language. But some of them are also offered in English. But applicants are not needed to submit IELTS, TOEFL, or any other language exam if an English language proficiency certificate is available. Applicants who do not have a C1 level of Turkish language proficiency including those who are placed in English language programs are required to attend a one-year-long Turkish language program during the first year of their degree program. By the end of the first year, they have to earn a C1 level of Turkish language proficiency.
The universities in Turkey offering such degree programs also require test scores for GRE and GMAT. Students are advised to carefully go through the eligibility criteria of the program that they are applying to so that they have enough time to prepare for such tests and take them. Students may have to retake the tests if their test results are not up to the mark and do not make them eligible for application.
Can You Apply for Turkiye Scholarship Online?
The whole application process to apply for Turkey Government Scholarship is online and free of charge. There is no need to pay anybody at any stage of the application process for the Turkey scholarship. A total of 5,000 Turkey Government scholarships will be awarded in 2023. Citizens of all countries except Turkey are eligible to apply. The scholarships are being granted at bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. levels.