Applications are open for Hubei Provincial Scholarships 2022-2023 academic year or Hubei Government CSC Scholarships are also open for applications in all major Universities of Hubei Province. Similar to China Scholarship Council’s Scholarships, this one is also meant to promote the internationalization of Chinese education. The aim of these scholarships is to attract foreign talent from abroad and place it in China. The scholarship is only open for international students who aim to study in the Hubei region of China. The total scholarship fund is estimated at USD 5,000,000 (around 35,000,000 yuan).
Being able to study Hubei for free is a huge opportunity. Hubei province is one of the most developed areas of China with around 120 higher educational institutions. Among the top ten universities in China, two are situated in Hubei namely Huazhong University of Science and Technology and Wuhan University. The provincial scholarships enable the students to take up higher education in Hubei without having to worry about the financial cost of it.
The deadline of the application falls somewhere between February and June every year.
Hubei Provincial Scholarships Value:
According to the level of study, these scholarships are divided into five types:
Type 1: Undergraduate recipients will get a scholarship of 10,000 RMB annually.
Type 2: Graduate recipients will get an award of 15,000 RMB annually.
Type 3: The Ph.D. award is valued at 20,000 RMB annually.
Type 4: Scholarship for General Scholars is valued at 10,000 RMB annually or 5,000 RMB bi-annually.
Type 5: Scholarship for advanced scholars is valued at 20,000 RMB annually or 10,000 RMB bi-annually.
Hubei Provincial Scholarships Duration and Degrees offered
The scholarship is awarded for a maximum period of four years for the students of Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree programs. For the applicants applying to programs related to Chinese language, specialized training, or exchange students, with a notable contribution toward internationalization of Chinese education, the period of the scholarship is up to one year.
There are a number of major Hubei universities affiliated with this scholarship program. Some of them are Wuhan University, Central China Normal University, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, South-Central University for Nationalities, Jianghan University, Yangtze University, etc. A number of subject areas are also offered in these universities. Candidates are advised to make sure that the program that they are applying to is supported by the scholarship. Some of the subject areas are Philosophy, medicine, art, economics, law, literature, management, engineering, agriculture, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship:
- Applicants should possess a legitimate passport and should be of non-Chinese descent.
- Applicants should be respectable of Chinese law and order and should have a friendly attitude toward their fellows.
- Bachelor’s degree pursuant should be under 35 years of age.
- Master’s degree pursuant should be under 40 years of age.
- Ph.D. degree pursuant should be under 45 years of age.
- Research background of at least one year is required for candidates applying to Chinese language programs or any other program related to the development of professional skills.
- Candidates should meet the language requirement of the institution and the program they are applying to. Although IELTS is not a general requirement, some universities may have a condition to attach the scores of English language proficiency tests.
- Candidates should not be receiving any other financial aid or scholarship from the Chinese federal or provincial government.
- Applicants should be meeting the admission criteria of their desired university/universities.
How to apply for Hubei Provincial Scholarships:
Here is the complete procedure of how to apply to the Hubei Government Scholarships.
- Potential applicants first of all need to select a university situated in the Hubei province of China and program that they are interested in and that is supported by the Hubei Provincial scholarship.
- After finalizing the university, go to that university’s official website and apply it to the scholarship by locating the scholarship under the international students’ section.
- Fill out the scholarship form, prepare the documents, and send them along with the scholarship form.
List of Universities in Hubei Province of China
General Documents Required to apply for Hubei Provincial Scholarship:
- Application form of the Hubei scholarship.
- Photocopy of the passport.
- Highest degree or diploma attained.
- Attested copy of the transcript and job certificate if any.
- Letter/s of recommendation from professors or employers.
- Health/Fitness Certificate.
- Study plan for master’s degree candidates
- A research proposal by Ph.D. candidates.
- Statement of purpose (optional) or Motivation Letter
The documents are sent to the address provided by the university.