Apply for admissions on International Scholarships offered by Macquarie University of Australia for the class of 2023 to 2024 session. These Macquaire university scholarships are available for BS, MS, and Ph.D.
Australia is considered one of the best study and work destinations globally. International students from all over the world can have a chance to study at one of the most prestigious schools in Australia. This International scholarship at Macquarie University offers a tuition fee waiver.
Macquarie University, which is situated in the heart of Australia, Sydney, has a reputation for graduate employability and a high standard of education. The school equips the students with all the tools, techniques, and experiences necessary to succeed in the professional world of today.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of applicants’ merit and their financial need. Every year the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) puts in millions of dollars to help potential young students get the education that they deserve. This scholarship program funds the education of students at the undergraduate level.
Sponsorship Coverage Plan of Macquarie University Scholarships:
The International scholarships at Macquarie University cover education fees, monthly stipends, residence sponsorship, tickets, and student’s other expenses; depending upon the type and category of scholarship won by the student. This award is given in the form of a tuition fee waiver. With that, the accommodation facility with accidental health insurance coverage may be provided.
English Langauge Requirement at Macquarie University
Students from Non-native English Speaking countries who apply for admissions/scholarships at the Macquarie University of Australia must have PTE, IELTS, or TOEFL exams cleared. Applicants from China can alternatively be allowed to provide Duolingo English language test records.
Eligibility Criteria for Macquarie University Scholarships:
- Applicants first need to meet the eligibility criteria set by Macquarie University for their undergraduate admissions.
- They must be citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- They must get enrolled in one of the undergraduate programs offered by Macquarie University.
- They must be enrolled in a program that in its duration must be longer than one session.
- They should be transferring from one of the following universities as part of a dual degree program:
- HELP University, Malaysia,
- Bangkok University, Thailand
- Ho Chi Minh City University, Vietnam.
- They must possess a CGPA of at least 5 on a scale of 7 (if their country uses some other scale, applicants are advised to use a converter to check their eligibility)
- They should be proficient in English and must submit scores of IELTS or TOEFL if their first language is not English.
- They must be enrolled in the UG program of Macquarie University to continue getting the scholarship. If for any reason, the recipient drops out of his/her program, he/she will be required to repay the value of the scholarship availed by him/her during the time he/she stayed at the university.
Applicants that are ineligible to apply are:
- Part-time students
- Citizens or permanent residents of either Australia or New Zealand.
- Exchange students coming to Macquarie University for a semester or two.
How to Apply for Macquarie University Scholarships in Australia?
- The first step would be to search for degree courses at Macquarie University. (Undergrad Courses, Postgrad Courses).
- Afterward, check the eligibility criteria and entry requirements for selected academic courses here.
- Potential applicants have to fill out an International scholarship application form available at the official website of Macquarie University (Link given at the end of this article). This form is only available during the application dates.
- The students will get a student ID number from Macquarie. After that, they can submit the scholarship application.
- Applicants will have to log into the student portal and access the application form. They have to fill it out and submit it with all the required documents.
Documents Required to Apply for Macquarie University Scholarships:
- Academic records of the applicants (transcripts, degrees, and certificates)
- English language proficiency certificate (IETLS or TOEFL)
- An updated CV listing the qualifications and experiences of the applicant
- Motivation letter describing why the applicant should get the scholarship
- Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s professors and/or employers
- Research Proposal or study plan essay
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) explains how the applicant would contribute to the university once the applicant gets the award.
Selection Process of the Scholarship:
Applicants for Macquarie University Scholarships are selected based on the following things:
- Academic records and CGPA
- Financial need
- Scores of standardized tests required to study in Australia
- Recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Evaluation of Study plan or proposed research
Application Deadline at Macquarie University: October 31, 2023
You can apply for admissions at Macquarie University for undergrad or postgrad degree options till October 31, 2023.