The online applications from students are invited by Netherlands Orange Knowledge (OKP) Scholarships 2022-2023 program. The Orange Knowledge Program is the initiative of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This program was started for the economic and social well-being of students and working professionals all around the world. The Orange Knowledge Program was started in recent years and is a global development initiative. Presently, there are 38 countries in this program. These countries are listed below:
|Somalia||South Africa||South Sudan|
Individuals at the mid-level of their careers who want to study in the Netherlands and belong to any of the aforementioned countries can apply to this Orange Scholarships program. These applicants must be living and working in one of these countries at the time of application.
Coverage Benefits of Orange Knowledge Scholarship:
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs has set aside a hefty sum of 220 million EUR for this program. Individuals selected for this program will get a chance to study a short-term course or a master’s program in the Netherlands under the sponsorship of the Dutch government.
The value of the scholarship awarded to each applicant is dependent on several factors like the chosen program of study, applicant’s country, applicant’s profile, and his/her level of study (whether he/she is applying for a master’s program or a short term course).
Benefits of OKP:
This program offers a stipend or salary throughout the whole study course of the recipient. This salary is contributed toward paying for the candidate’s tuition, educational, and living expenses. Candidates who are not able to fund their whole study program through this scholarship are expected to pay for the difference for themselves.
Courses Offered Under Orange Program:
There are two types of courses in this program:
The short courses are comprised of 2 weeks to 12 months. The master’s programs are for one and two years. There are more than 500 programs available in both of these categories combined.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for OKP:
Applicants cannot apply directly to the program. They have to apply to one or more of the affiliated Dutch institutions to be able to apply for this program. They also have to fit into the eligibility criteria set by each of the institutions that they want to get admission to. The general eligibility criteria, though, is described below:
- The applying candidates should be professionals in the field that they are applying to specialize in.
- They must be nationals of one of the listed countries and should be working in one of these countries as well.
- They must have proof of their identification or nationality like a passport or NIC card.
- The programs are taught in English, Spanish, or the French language. Applicants should be fluent in the language in which their chosen program is going to be taught.
- They must have been admitted to one of the OKP affiliated universities in one of the OKP approved programs.
Each of these programs has separate eligibility criteria. Potential applicants are advised to thoroughly go through it and apply only if they are fulfilling the criteria set by the course of their choice.
Application Process of Orange Knowledge Program Scholarship:
- All the applicants are supposed to apply online for the program. First, they need to check that the program they are interested in pursuing is on the list of the programs approved by the OKP.
- If so, they have to apply to that program and then to the scholarship. The scholarship application is available online.
- Applicants can ask any questions that they have regarding the course/program from the program coordinators.
- Upload all the required documents and wait for the results.
- First of all, the eligible applicants submit an application with a Dutch institution of their choice.
- The institution, then, nominates the candidates that are the most exceptional.
- After that the OKP program selection committee filters through the nominees and assesses their applications.
- It then selects the lucky candidates who get the scholarship.
Deadline of OKP Scholarship Application:
The last date to apply for the fully-funded Netherlands Scholarship 2022-2023 is May 1, 2022. The deadline varies with each of the higher educational institutions of Holland that are affiliated with this scholarship. At the moment, there are no applications being accepted. The next application round (only for short courses) is due to start sometime in the November of 2021.