University of Copenhagen Scholarships 2023-2024 by Danish Government
From today you can submit an application for a scholarship announced by University of Copenhagen in sponsorship with Denmark Government, and many other funding organizations. Therefore you are invited to apply for fully funded Denmark scholarships at University of Copenhagen for the class of 2023-2024.
This scholarship has very few number of seats for applicants who wish to study at the University of Copenhagen. Danish Government scholarships are for BS/MA/MSc/PhD degree programs. I also want to mention that Danish Government scholarships are mostly highly competitive and which are awarded to students who have an exceptional academic background and this is because the Denmark Government scholarships and University of Copenhagen scholarships are totally Merit based.
Sponsorshing allowances of Scholarships at University of Copenhagen:
All students interested to apply for admission at University of Copenhagen on scholarship may become eligible to get coverage of tuition fees, living allowance, and daily living expenditures whereas sponsorship of tuition fees for courses in social sciences, humanities, health and sciences, science, and theology are also available and you may also expect the following:
- University of Copenhagen Scholarship is awarded either 100% or half but depends on choice of course
- University of Copenhagen also awards Scholarship amount that covers basic living costs (Stipend Money)
- Dorm accommodation facility at University of Copenhagen is provided for free
Eligibility for University of Copenhagen Scholarships:
All the candidates living outside Europe applying to the University of Copenhagen’s MA/MSc degree programs will directly be considered strong candidates for the Danish Government Scholarship, provided they are eligible. Applicants will be eligible if they meet the following requirements:
- If the applicant is granted a limited residence authorization from the state for the purpose of studying a higher educational Master’s programme in Denmark.
- If the applicant is a resident of a country outside the EU, EEA (the European Economic Area), or Switzerland
- If the applicant is offered admission to a master’s degree programme at the University of Copenhagen.
Applicants are advised to fill out the application form diligently and correctly. If they make any mistakes they will be considered ineligible for the Danish Government scholarship. The University of Copenhagen will send an acceptance email to the students who have been selected for the scholarship. Then it’s up to the applicant to accept or reject it within the stipulated deadline. If an applicant fails to do so then he/she will lose the opportunity to avail of this scholarship and the scholarship will be given to some other applicant. Another application process is:
- Denmark Government scholarship is offered on the basis of academic achievement only; thus, financial need is not considered.
- For the faculty of social sciences, there are only 5 seats available and they consider September intake
- For department of humanities, no additional documents are required
- For faculty of health and medical sciences, applicants are assessed on the basis of academic level and the relevancy of their BSc degree.
- For faculty of sciences, all non-EU/EEA applicants who scored 85% or above in their undergraduate degree are eligible for Danish government scholarship. The applicant must have an exceptional GPA.
- Faculty of Theology offers less than 4 seats per year for this scholarship as the competition is tough.
You are not eligible for a Danish Government Scholarship if you:
- have been given a residence permit at the time of admission by the Danish Law, as a child of a foreign citizen who has been given a residence permit in Denmark in accordance with the Danish Law
- have a legal entitlement to the rights of people living in Denmark.
- are eligible for funding in accordance with Danish law concerning the State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme (SU)
Application Process for University of Copenhagen Scholarships:
The applicants are required to submit admissions and scholarship applications at the University of Copenhagen website as discussed below:
- Prepare required documents for scholarship application
- The application process is through the online application portal
- Create your profile on the university site to start the application
- Fill in your biodata, select degree program, attach your documents online, etc
- Attach IELTS, GRE, TOEFL, Cambridge English proficiency test, or if you passed B-level English exam in Denmark. Any one of them is accepted.
- Proofread your admission/scholarship application before submission
- Check if application fees at the University of Copenhagen is required or not
- Submit application and wait for results
University of Copenhagen Scholarship Application Deadline:
I advice you to please prepare all your scholarship and admission documents now and be prepared to submit them at University of Copenhagen Demark before September 1, 2023 which is basically is application deadline to apply for admission.
This is really good. I am very much interested in this scholarship. I have a bachelor’s degree in economics and thinking I should do my masters in economics. A thorough explanation on the basic requirements and the step-by-step processes on how to apply for this scholarship program would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for your valuable comment. We have updated the article with step by step application process for the University of Copenhagen Scholarship. We wish you all the best to win this funding.