If you are interested to study for free at the University of Waterloo then it is time to apply for the fully funded University of Waterloo Scholarships of 2022-2023 batch. The fundings offered by the University of Waterloo are among the best scholarship options in Canada.
If you’re in search of a brilliant, top-notch public research focussed university in the city of Ontario in Canada, then we know the place that’ll fit any student impassioned for research studies. We’re talking about the University of Waterloo. Choose the University of Waterloo or UWaterloo as your next educational destination because they are offering a list of scholarships on national and international levels.
Read till the end to find out about the application procedure and eligibility criteria.
Why Choose the University of Waterloo?
A few key points about why the University of Waterloo will prove to be the right decision for you are listed below:
#1 Work Experience:
The University of Waterloo is a place where you get to explore your field through more practical-based work as compared to theoretical. Waterloo has North America’s largest co-op program that lets you gain paid work experience along with graduation.
#2 Learn with Fun:
If you’re thinking about not getting into Waterloo because there will be way too much studying only, then you should reconsider your decision. Because Waterloo has 250+ clubs, 30 athletic leagues on campus, residence council, and student associations. Having this many options, you can choose whatever your interests are. So there’s no chance of getting bored after studying.
#3 Waterloo’s High Reputation:
It is fact that you should not go for the name of the institute but the quality of education while you’re searching for one. But that name does most of the job done in the professional life is another fact. The same is the case here. Waterloo is ranked 1st in Canada for experimental learning.
#4 Future Preps:
Waterloo prepares you for the upcoming obstacles of professional life. Once you graduate from Waterloo, you know what and where your next step is going to be. Waterloo has been ranked no. 1 for career preparation in Canada according to Maclean’s recent survey of universities most likely to prepare you for employment.
List of Scholarships at Waterloo:
The University of Waterloo awards the following scholarships to local and international students:
Note: No Application fees Required (Automatically Considered):
- President’s Scholarship of Distinction: This program has an entrance scholarship of $2,000 and an international experience award worth $1,500 or a research award worth $1,500 or you can be awarded both.
- President’s Scholarship: This program has an entrance scholarship worth $2,000.
- Merit Scholarship: This program has an entrance scholarship worth $1,000.
- Entrance Scholarships Sponsored by Alumni and Donors: This program awards several scholarships ranging between $1,000 to $5,000.
- International Student Entrance Scholarships: This program offers several scholarships where each scholarship is worth $10,000.
- Schulich Leader Scholarship: This program awards up to 100 scholarships on annual basis, where the engineering scholarships are worth $100,000 and a half are worth $80,000 for science and maths scholarships.
- Entrance Scholarships Sponsored by Alumni and Donors: This program offers several scholarships that range between $1,000 to $5,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships at University of Waterloo:
The eligibility criteria for local and international students differ from each other. Below are the criteria for international students. If you’re looking for local students’ entrance criteria, then check the official website.
#1 Minimum Scores:
A minimum of 75% in a four-year Bachelor’s program or Master’s program is necessary for getting admission in a graduate program or PH.D. respectively.
#2 Language Proficiency Test:
The following English language proficiency tests will be accepted by Waterloo:
- IELTS (academic)
Note: The results of MELAB will not be accepted after July 2021. Therefore, it’s better to prefer the above ones instead of MELAB.
#3 Conditional English Language Proficiency Admissions:
If there’s a situation in which any graduate applicant’s ELP scores are slightly below the requirement, then conditional admission may be offered.
The same is the case for a student who has been sponsored with included funding for English Language studies.
#4 English Language Proficiency Exemption:
There are some situations in which you are exempted from submitting the ELP scores, which are listed below:
- In case, you’ve completed more than a 3-year post-secondary degree or graduate degree from a Canadian institute.
- In case, you’ve attended a more than 3-year post-secondary degree from an exempt country or you e had job experience there.
Note: In order to get the list of the exempt countries, check the official website.
How to Apply for Scholarships at Waterloo?
The procedure of scholarship application at Waterloo is super simple and defined in the steps below:
- Go to the official website (link given at the end of this article) of the University of Waterloo.
- Fill the application form with accurate and valid information.
- Gather the required documents such as GRE scores, ELP scores, transcripts, etc.
- Upload the application form along with the required documents.
Note: You’ll be informed through email whether your application has been accepted or not.
Waterloo University Scholarships Application Deadline:
The last for submission of scholarship application and required documents for admission at the University of Waterloo is the 1st of February, 2022.