International and Australian National Students are invited to apply for the fully-funded Australian Research Training Program (RTP) 2022-2023.
This research training program (RTP) is a fully-funded scholarship offered by the Australian government to local and international students to pursue research-based masters and PhDs in Australia. There are 42 of the most prestigious Australian higher educational institutions that have partnered up for this RTP scholarship which offers a tuition fee waiver and a stipend allowance for monthly expenses to its recipients.
Applicants are given the RTP scholarship based on their academic records and research experience (those who do not have research experience to speak of can also apply. They will be given the scholarship based on their research potential).
Research Training Program (RTP) Allowance and Perks:
The RTP scholarship is worth up to 28,597 AUD for full-time students. Part-time students are entitled to a lesser amount that would be up to 14,298 AUD. Students can also make appeals if they want the RTP scholarship to be extended, terminated, or suspended.
Research Training Program (RTP) Eligibility Criteria:
In case you are interested to file an application to obtain an Australian RTP Scholarship; you need to fulfill the below-listed requirements to stand a chance to get considered for the Research Training Program Scholarship by the Government of Australia:
- This Research Training Program (RTP) requires students to be enrolled in a listed HDR course in an affiliated HEP.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any support from any other source while applying for the RTP Stipend. Even if they are receiving any other aid or scholarship, it should not be more than 75% of the stipend that they will be receiving, in the event that they get this scholarship. If a student is receiving income that is not for the purposes of supporting the student’s living expenses, he/she can still apply. That income must be for offsetting the applicant’s study costs.
- Applicants applying for the RTP Fees Offset can only apply if they are not receiving any award, scholarship, or aid from the Commonwealth meant to offset the applicant’s tuition fee.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and will have to prove their language proficiency through test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
Most of these scholarships are offered to students enrolled in a full-time, on-campus program but exceptions can be made for some outstanding students studying part-time and/or off-campus.
Duration of the RTP Scholarship:
The RTP scholarship is awarded for three years to doctoral students (can be extended to four years) and for two years to master’s students.
For part-time students, the maximum duration of the scholarship is 6 years for doctoral candidates and 4 years for master’s students.
Selection Criteria of the RTP Scholarship:
Applicants will be selected based on their academic background, research publications, work experience, references, and research experience.
Recipients of Australia’s Research Training Program RTP Scholarship can get their funding terminated if;
- They do not abide by the scholarship’s rules, terms and conditions.
- They complete the course for which they got the scholarship.
- They are no longer fitting into the eligibility criteria.
Application Process for RTP Scholarships:
Please get familiar with the steps on how you can submit the Australian Research Training Program Scholarship Application successfully as explained below:
- Applications will be made to the respective university in which the applicant is studying.
- Some universities offer students a chance to just tick off the ‘financial aid’ box if they want to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants can contact the scholarship office or the postgraduate research office if they want any further information regarding the application procedure.
- Following are the documents that need to be submitted along with the application form.
- Research Proposal of 500 words outlining the research that is going to be undertaken.
- List of publications in the form of attached copies or URLs.
- Thesis abstract
- Email of the supervisor agreeing to supervise the research of the applicant.
Research Training Program Scholarship Application Deadline:
For this Research training program, applications are accepted four times a year. So you can apply for the Australian Research Training Program every four months which means you’ll have maximum chances to get accepted.