300 fully-funded Gates Scholarships in the USA are announced by Bill Gates for 2023. The educational expenditures under Gates Scholarships 2023 will all be covered including monthly stipend disbursement. Bill Gates Scholarships for International Students are awarded for a large number of subjects and degree options. Winning a Gates Scholarship 2023 will enable foreign students to visit the USA for their next academic journey for free.
Gates Scholarship 2023 is a US-based academic funding program. Outstanding minority high school graduates from low-income families are eligible for The Gates Scholarship. It’s a highly favored US scholarship program. The Gates scholarship is given out annually to outstanding students to assist them in reaching their full potential. The main aim of the Gates scholarship is to become a source of financial support for students who are exceptionally bright yet financially deprived. Around 300 males and females are shortlisted every year for the Gates scholarship program. The gates scholarship program is offered by Bill (Founder of Microsoft) and Melinda gates.
Gates Scholarships Plus Points
While the Gates Scholarship is offered by US’s famous personnel, it has several benefits that make it a dream of every student. The biggest benefit of getting the gates scholarship is the fully-funded nature of the Gates scholarship program which covers educational fees, stipends, residence, and health coverage plans for students.
The shortlisted candidates don’t have to pay their tuition fees. The second benefit is the provision of quality residence/accommodation to students. The students don’t have to spend their money on rent as accommodation is a part of the scholarship program. Along with that, the transportation expenses of shortlisted candidates are also covered. And lastly, incidental costs are also covered under the Gates scholarship program.
All the benefits mentioned above make it the most desirable under the Gates scholarship program among the masses.
Gates Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the Gates scholarship program, there is a certain eligibility criterion. Interested candidates must be high school seniors. The applicants of Indian American, Asian, Natives of Alaska, PR of US, US Nationals, Hispanic, African Americans, or Pacific Island US Nationals can apply for the fully-funded gates scholarship.
To get the gates scholarship opportunity, the candidate must not have any other financial support from any other source. Another approval criterion to get eligibility for the Gates scholarship is the outstanding academic record of the student. Along with the criteria of academic record, the gates scholarship is only available for college and undergraduate degree programs.
Procedure to Apply for the Gates Scholarship Program:
Keeping in mind the eligibility criteria, there are a few steps listed below to apply for the Gates scholarship program.
- The applicant needs to first create his profile online and start Gates Scholarship Application.
- The application link is available under the article from where applicants can start their application.
- In the next step, 2000 applicants are shortlisted and asked to further process the application (phase 2)
- The applicants are required to fill out a few questionnaires, provide some essays on the given topics, and submit their academic transcripts, and letter of recommendation.
- Phase 2 of the application process is supposed to be completed before February.
- Out of 2000, 600 Candidates are shortlisted for the final application process in March.
- In Phase 3 which is the final phase, the selected applicants are interviewed either in person or via a video call.
- Out of 600 applicants, 300 candidates are shortlisted and contacted for the final documentation process to get into the scholarship program.
Gates Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 September 2022
The Deadline to apply for the Gates scholarship program 2023 is September 15th, 2022.