The College Continuation Certificate is defined as a document that testifies the continuity of a student’s education in the college.
A college continuation certificate is required to resume your studies in an educational institution. When writing an application to your college’s respective authority for issuing an education continuation certificate, you need to state the reason and purpose for which you want to recommence education (if there is any reason in particular).
You may also need a college continuation certificate when you are being promoted to another class, changing the subject, taking an extra course; as you need proof from your previous class. A continuation certificate is evidence of authenticity.
College Continuation Certificate Sample:
A continuation certificate is written on the official letterhead of the college/university issuing it.
Academic Affairs Office,
Subject: Application for College Continuation Certificate
This certificate is for the student of the Institute of Business Administration who has been accepted under the Full ride Scholarship Scheme by the Prime Minister of USA.
It is to certify that Mr./Ms. ___________________ (name of the student) of class _________________ having the roll number ______ (roll number given by the college/university) is enrolled in _____________ (course or program name). He/she is going to continue his/her studies in this college/university in the academic session of ____________. His/her conduct and behavior in the time he/she was in college was satisfactory.
Signature of the Head of the College:
Official Seal of the Institution.
- The certificate of education continuation can only be used by those students who are entering even semesters such as second, fourth, sixth, and eighth.
- Students following yearly patterns are required to show this certificate as well as evidence of continuing their studies.
College Continuation Certificate Template and Example
How to write an application to the principal asking for issuing a continuation certificate:
Subject: Application for issuing a continuation certificate
I am writing this to request a college continuation certificate. This certificate is a requirement from the college and it will help me resume my education.
I shall be forever in debt.
Student ID number ________
Some Important Points:
- These kinds of applications are really formal. So keep them short and simple. Do not over-explain or exaggerate stuff.
- If you have a personal relationship with the authority issuing a continuation certificate, meet with them in person, and explain the situation. Request to issue a certificate before a particular deadline, if there is one.
- If you do not have a personal relationship, go with the formal application process.
- Do not get too personal or specific. Just state the matter and mention your name, roll number, and the grade you studied in.