Columbia University scholarships for the class of 2022-2023are currently open for online applications for all degree and non-degree programs; for all students of the academic year 2022-2023. Interested candidates are suggested to read this call letter to learn the application process for Columbia University scholarships.
Applying for a fancy or top-ranked college for modern education often comes at a huge cost and you have to resort to taking student loans from federal and private sources. These loans are granted at an interest rate and you have to pay those study loans back eventually. On the contrary, if you apply for scholarships, you don’t need to pay anything back. Scholarships are a great way to fund your studies which are funded by colleges, welfare organizations, governments, non-profit organizations, etc.
About Columbia University
This is a place unlike any other. Where a renowned Core Curriculum is fueled by an incredibly diverse community. 6,000 undergraduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries find a home on our residential campus in Morningside Heights: your corner of New York City. Undergraduates in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering can choose from nearly 100 areas of study and enhance their classroom conversations through research at 200+ research centers and institutes.
Your Columbia education will be the foundation for a lifetime of learning, collaboration, and the unending pursuit of truth and understanding.
General Benefits of Columbia University Scholarships
These scholarships come with different kinds of sponsored coverage plans, but let us give you a rough idea of the general benefits provided by Columbia University scholarships:
- Academic education expenses such as tuition fees will be [Partially/fully] waived off
- Daily living allowance [stipend] will be issued
- Medical insurance coverage will be issued
- Literature buying expenses will be sponsored
- Access to University’s licensed software and the library will be granted
- Local to international conference expenses for postgrads will be born
- Free residence in the dormitory will be issued, or rental funds will be disbursed if students are required to live off-campus
English Language Requirements of Columbia University
Columbia University teaches most of its academic programs in the English language which is why applicants have to provide evidence of their English language abilities. The English language proficiency tests accepted by Columbia University are TOEFL, DET, and IELTS.
List Columbia University Scholarships in 2022:
Following are the scholarships offered by Columbia University:
- Clifford and Siegfried Upton Scholarships
- Leta Stetter Hollingsworth Fellowships
- George W. Ellis Fellowships
- Lydia C. Chamberlain Fellowships
- Richard T. Wamser Fellowships
- Paul Nicholas Scholarship Funds
- Vladimir and Olga Poder Funds
- Upton Scholarships
- Shardashish Fellowships
- Ellis Scholarships
- Hollingsworth fellowships
- Poder Funds
- Chamberlain Fellowships
Columbia University Scholarships Application Process
In the process of applying for the Columbia University Scholarships, it is imperative to bear in mind that an invitation letter also known as an acceptance letter from a professor from the same university may increase the chances of your selection. It must be noted that the invitation letter issued by the professor stating the acceptance of the candidate into his research group; will make your scholarship application a step ahead compared to the rest of the applications in the admission office.
The acceptance letter is not a mandatory requirement. The following is a systematic guide for submission of your scholarship application at your desired university:
- Search through google; the financial aid/scholarships webpage of Columbia University
- Navigate to the ‘currently open’ scholarships section of the webpage
- Check eligibility criteria, coverage plan, and details of each scholarship
- Select the scholarship you wish to apply into
- Check the opening and closing dates of the application window period of that scholarship
- Prepare the set of documents required for its application ahead of time
- Check out if University accepts online or offline applications
- Proofread your full scholarship application before submission
- Submit your application with the document package you prepared
- Wait for the interview call and final results
Document Set Required for Columbia University Scholarships Application:
You need to be very careful with your scholarship application submission in order to avoid any unforeseen errors. This can be done if you become a little too extra careful in preparing your documents package for the scholarship application. Most of the students do one common mistake and that is they leave original documents at a photocopy shop or somewhere else. As an educationist, I suggest you buy the best documents bag to ensure the safety of your original documents.
It would be quite right to say that the scholarship application process and documentation should be followed as you follow the application process for a final degree with lots of care is taken. You should begin preparing your mind to apply and win scholarships early in your studies because it will eventually decrease the academic financial burdens off your shoulders.
Following documents may be needed in order to apply for admissions at Columbia University of New York:
#1 Application Form Complete in all Respects
#2 Copy of National ID or Passport
#3 Attested Copies of Transcripts or Diplomas
#4 Personal Statement
#5 Recommendation Letters
#6 Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
#7 Your Score in Standardized Tests
#8 Research Proposal
#9 Study Plan
#10 Scholarship essay
#11 Family financial statement
#12 Portfolio set
#13 Extra-curricular activities certifications
#14 English proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.)
#15 Qualification test certificates such as GRE, GMAT, etc.