Universities and Colleges in Monaco started accepting online applications for granting fully funded Monaco Scholarships 2023-2024 to international and local students.
Monaco, the world’s most densely populated country has also got a fine reputation among international students. Monaco hosts more than 38,000 people in a very compact space and has only one university. Despite this fact, international students prefer to come to Monaco for higher education because its only university, the International University of Monaco (IUM) has very affordable and competent business programs.
There are ten higher educational institutions in Monaco in total. It is the kind of place that is racially tolerant and welcoming toward foreigners. So for the students wanting to study in Monaco, we have listed down some scholarships that can fund their stay in Monaco as a student.
English Language Instruction and IELTS requirement in Monaco Universities:
The International University of Monaco teaches all of its programs in English and requires proof of English language proficiency even from its local students. Students are free to take one of the many notable language tests like TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE, etc. Though IELTS is the most preferred of them all.
Living Expenses in Monaco:
There are a number of ex-pats living in Monaco. The abundance of job opportunities has increased the prices of utilities and housing as people want to move to Monaco more than ever. The cost of living in Monaco for a local person is estimated to be more than 6,000 EUR a month. For ex-pats, it is slightly higher than that. A family of four persons will need from 8,000 EUR to 16,000 EUR. Going out for dining and clubbing is way too expensive in Monaco as well.
Working as a Student in Monaco:
Monaco, like its many other European counterparts, allows its students to work while studying. Though, they are only allowed to work part-time, working while studying is a great way to fund their living expenses or education. Living in Monaco is very expensive. With part-time work, students can be able to fully or partially cover their living costs.
Educational Institutions of Monaco:
As mentioned earlier, Monaco has only one university among its ten higher educational institutions. International University of Monaco (IUM) is the most sought-after place among locals and foreigners wanting to get higher education in Monaco. Some other notable institutions in Monaco are L’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers (IFSI – Nursing Training Institute), and L’École Supérieure d’Arts Plastiques (ESAP – Monaco Art School).
List of Scholarships in Monaco:
#1 Scholarships by IUM:
There are many different kinds of scholarships offered at the International University of Monaco. The amount of the scholarship can be somewhere between 1,000 EUR to 5,000 EUR. The scholarship committee only takes into account the academic merit of the applicants and not the financial need of them. The scholarships are also awarded on the basis of nationality and company sponsorships. A large number of students apply for government loans or use their personal savings in order to fund their education as well. To get the scholarship students must be good in studies, should have leadership potential, and must showcase a strong will to contribute toward the university’s mission.
#2 Papyrus Association Scholarships:
This is a private organization whose aim is to support students studying in Monaco. It offers several scholarships;
- The Paul Scholarship is for students completing a project in literature studies. The amount of funding depends upon the meaningfulness of the project.
- The Marc Scholarship is awarded to students pursuing degrees in medical and health subjects.
- The Tote Exchange award is for students who have to fund a study project abroad.
- The Stephane scholarship is for those enrolled in a program of management studies.
- Robert Grant’s scholarship is for the subject of law and political sciences.
- The Noah Stock Exchange grant is for students pursuing marketing and communication sciences in Monaco.
- Thomas scholarships are for students studying engineering, computer science, or digital science.
#3 Government of Monaco Grants:
The department of education, youth, and sports of Monaco is offering scholarships to those who wish or intend to travel to some other country to learn some foreign language. The students applying must be of eleven years or older and should be studying in a school or a university. They should also be either a national of Monaco or the spouse/dependent of one. They could be the children of the civil servants of Monaco or lastly, must be a Monegasque resident for at least 10 years.
#4 Monaco Government Study Awards:
There are two types of Awards under the Monaco Government scholarship program:
- This award is given to students pursuing a diploma in Monaco. The list of these diplomas can be seen from the website of the Ministry of sport, youth, and education. The value of the award can support the tuition fee of the diploma program from 40% to 100%.
- The second award is for those students who live independently and apart from their immediate families. These students are categorized under ‘independent households’. The applicants must be an apprentice, or a worker working for more than 15 hours a week. The students applying from Monaco will get a higher share of the scholarship. This award also can fund the tuition fee up to 100%.
#5 The Monaco Foundation Scholarship:
The Prince Albert II of the Monaco Foundation has started a scholarship program meant to support people working toward sustainability and environmental science. The award is for those individuals engaged in research and studies related to ethically aware practices and technological advancement. Within its scholarship program, it funds the cost of an online program in climate change management.
The aim is to develop awareness among people from less developed countries to be more mindful of their environmental impact. The number of awards is 20. After attending the program, students will learn about the economics and science of climate change and its management.