International students can now submit applications for round 1 of SJTU CSC Scholarships 2023-2024 till December 15, 2023. Shanghai Jiaotong University (SJTU) opened admissions into all degree programs in sponsorship of the China Scholarship Council; Shanghai Jiaotong University (CSC) Scholarship for the academic session 2023-2024. The government of China sponsors scholarships that are awarded to international students each year in order to promote cultural exchange and promote Chinese Universities.
Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship is a top Chinese scholarship that is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students. It can be taken in a number of fields and the medium of instruction must be English or Chinese. With that, there are other 274 Chinese higher educational institutions that are also offering these CSC Scholarships each year.
Applicants can start their application process by visiting the online portal of the China Scholarship Council. Shanghai Jiaotong University scholarship is among the most popular and sought-after scholarship programs in China similar to the Confucius Scholarship, Schwarzman, Jiangsu Presidential scholarship awards, CAS-TWAS scholarships, etc.
Potential applicants for the CSC scholarship at Shanghai Jiaotong University can take one of the following two routes:
- Applicants can either apply to the CSC Shanghai Jiaotong University degree program.
- Or, they can apply through the Chinese consulate in their home country.
Benefits of Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC Scholarship:
Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship is basically a fully-funded scholarship grant that covers every thinkable expense of its recipient like tuition fees, accommodation charges, living expenses, healthcare insurance, etc. The awards are categorized based on the degree level of the recipients. These are;
- Recipients enrolling in an undergraduate program will get a monthly stipend of 2500 RMB along with free accommodation and a tuition fee waiver.
- Master’s program applicants will get a monthly stipend of 3000 RMB with a tuition fee waiver. The room and board are free as well.
- Doctoral students will be awarded a monthly stipend of 3500 RMB for living expenses. The students do not have to pay any charges for tuition or accommodation. All the recipients will get free on-campus accommodation.
CSC Scholarships at Shanghai Jiaotong University SJTU 2023:
If a potential applicant for the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship has a letter of acceptance from a professor of a Chinese university, then the candidate’s chances of getting selected for the CSC scholarship increase to a significant degree.
This is just a trick and is not compulsory for students to get a letter of admission. Given below is the complete procedure that you can follow to apply to the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC scholarship program via the CSC online platform.
- Locate Shanghai Jiaotong University International Student Office website by google
- Go to the scholarship section of the Shanghai Jiaotong University website and locate CSC Scholarships.
- Start filling out an online application at the CSC scholarship application portal as well.
- You need to fill 2 applications now; one at the Shanghai Jiaotong University website for admission and the second one at the CSC Scholarship portal for scholarship requests.
- Fill in the blanks in the admission and scholarship application form provided.
- Choose category B, which is for the CSC scholarship.
- From the drop-down list, select Shanghai Jiaotong University and fill in its agency number.
- Submit the CSC application and afterward download the submitted form for yourself.
- Gather all the documents required to be attached to the application.
- If there is a requirement to submit a Shanghai Jiaotong University application form, submit it, and download the PDF version of it as well.
- See if Shanghai Jiaotong University has an application fee. If so, submit it.
- Attach all the documents with the downloaded application form.
- Send the set of documents to Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s foreign student office.
- Wait for CSC scholarship results at the Shanghai Jiaotong University website.
Again if the candidate already has an acceptance letter from a professor of his/her desired university, then there is a more chance that he/she will get selected.
How to fill the Shanghai Jiaotong University CSC Scholarship application form:
- Create a profile or account of yourself on the CSC official website.
- Fill in the online application form given therein.
- Make more accounts in your name if you want to apply to more than one university to increase your chances of getting selected.
- Note the agency number of the university you are applying to or that you want to get in.
- Type in that agency number in the application form.
- Select the category of the CSC scholarship that you want to get according to your level of study.
- Fill in the rest of the details.
- Submit the form.
- Download the form after submission.
Here is how to submit all the required documents for the CSC Scholarship 2023 at SJTU:
- All the documents that are required to be submitted along with the application form are listed on the scholarship’s online platform.
- Every university requires a different set of documents but for convenience, here are some documents that all the universities will ask for; at least two recommendation letters, all the previous degrees, their transcripts, a China scholarship application form for CSC, a copy of the passport (attested), a study plan for graduate students, and SOP (Statement of Purpose) from undergraduate applicants, a research plan or proposal from potential Ph.D. candidates, an acceptance letter (not mandatory), physical examination form for foreigners, and a language proficiency certificate (preferably IELTS or TOEFL).
- Make sure that whether or not the university of your choice needs a separate application to be submitted by the applicant alongside the CSC application form.
- If there is no need to submit a separate application, submit only the CSC form, and send the documents to the university by mail.
- If the university requires you to submit an early application or wants to review your documents online before receiving their hard copies, submit the documents online as well along with the application.
- In the application form, there will be a blank asking you to fill in the name of the scholarship sponsor or guarantor, and write in the ‘CSC Scholarship’ in that section.
- Review your application one last time before submitting it.
- Submit your application. Also, send your documents to the international students’ office of your selected university or university.
SJTU-CSC Scholarships 2023 Application Submission:
- Make sure that you are submitting verified copies of all your degrees and transcripts on the CSC Scholarship website and also to the University Website (in case the university wants you to submit a separate application).
- Request a minimum of two of your ex-professors to make a recommendation for you via a recommendation letter. A good recommendation letter is meant to reinforce your application.
- Having an acceptance letter from the professor of your desired university is not mandatory. But getting one may increase your chances of getting the scholarship. It just shows that the professors of your desired program regard you as an appropriate candidate and that they will be happy to take you up as a student.
- Documents like a motivational letter, study plan, SOP, or research proposal can make a huge difference. At least one of the above documents is required at all levels. Make sure that you prepare these documents with extra diligence.
- The language proficiency scores of IELTS or TOEFL are very important as well. Ask your previous degree institution to give you a certificate indicating that your previous degree was taught in English. Submit that certificate along with the scores on IELTS. This will strengthen your application.
- Once you get the scholarship, consult the Chinese Embassy to grant you a China Student Visa for studying in China. After getting the visa, you will be ready to embark on your educational journey in China.
SJTU Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
The last date to submit your application for the Chinese Scholarship at Shanghai Jiaotong (SJTU) University for the class of 2023-2024 is February 15, 2023. Whereas, the round 1 applications can be submitted before December 15, 2023.