US Nevada (Las Vegas) Scholarships 2023 Without IELTS (Admissions Notice)
US Nevada (Las Vegas) Scholarships 2023-2024 without IELTS requirement for admissions are now offered for all degree levels and majors at LA Universities. Nevada is a state in the US with a 3.14 Million people. Nevada is famous for its cultural melting pot, vibrant nightlife, starry skies, wonderful shopping scene, and desert terrains like Death Valley National Park. There are seven public and three private institutions in Nevada.
The University of Nevada ranked at 227 number among top university in the United States. Great Basin College, College of Southern Nevada, Roseman University of Health Sciences, and Western Nevada College are also well-recognized academic sites in Nevada. Their higher education is less expensive than in many other states of the US. If you are planning a study trip to Europe, then Nevada can prove the best destination for you from an academic point of view.
List of IELTS Alternative Exams Accepted in Nevada (LA)
Following English Language Proficiency tests are accepted for evaluation of English Language Standards of Applicants interested to study at Nevada based Universities:
- Pearson English Language Tests (PTE)
- English Language and Composition Exam (AP)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Cambridge Advanced Professional English Test (CPE)
- Computer-based English Test for Admission in Graduate Management (CAT)
- Password English Language Test
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- American College Testing (ACT)
- Cambridge Advanced English Test (CAE)
What do Nevada Scholarships Cover?
I’m so glad to inform my readers that the scholarships offered in Nevada are generous and may include all or a few of the following listed academic grant packages:
- Discounted or free-of-cost education in Nevada-based universities
- Accommodation facility and personal monthly living expenses paid
- by Student insurance for sickness, travel expenses, and access to libraries
- Funding for experiment conduct, conference fee, and purchasing books
Scholarships in Las Vegas (Nevada) in 2023
1# Scholarships by Frank M. & Gertrude R. Doyle Foundation
The ambition of the Frank M. & Gertrude R. Doyle Foundation is to promote advanced education. This foundation is providing its services since 1996. This scholarship is arranged to support natives of California’s Orange County and Nevada’s Washoe County. This is a need-based scholarship program and there are no GPA requirements to get this. The worth of the scholarship is $500 to $30,000 per year.
- Aspirants should have to show their financial conditions on the Student Aid Report (SAR)
- They should be graduates of Huntington Beach Union High School District Washoe County School District.
2# Scholarships by Reno Rodeo Foundation
This Reno Rodeo Foundation scholarship is provided to students with excellent academic records. It is awarded to students of Elko, Washoe, Humboldt, Pershing, Eureka, and Lander Counties. The applicants who have participated in Rodeo, FFA, or 4-H activities are preferred. The worth of the scholarship is $1,000.
- Applicants should be current graduates of high schools in Northern Nevada
- They should have to show their financial conditions
- A 3.0 or higher GPA is required for the Reno Rodeo Foundation scholarship.
3# Scholarship by Otto A. Huth
Otto A. Huth Scholarship is arranged to provide support to needy students who want to get an education in post-high schools, universities, community colleges, business schools, and trade schools in Nevada. Otto A Huth Scholarship program is established by the Division of Child & Family Services (DCFS). The worth of the scholarship is $40,000. It covers the expenses of accommodation, food, tuition, and textbooks.
- Aspirants should have a diploma or GED from high school
- Their age should be below 20.
- The applicant should be a full-time student at Nevada college
- Their GPA should be 2.0 or more.
4# Ron & Linda Smith Family Scholarships
This scholarship opportunity is provided by the Community Foundation of Western Nevada which is located in Reno. The total worth of the scholarship is $374,000 which is given in about 22 steps. It is awarded to the students of Truckee Meadows Community College, Western Nevada College, and Great Basin College to reduce their tuition fees. The applicants have to write an essay of 400 words about students’ short- and long-term goals.
- Applicants should be citizens of the United States and residents of Northern Nevada
- Applicants should have a diploma or GED equivalency of high school
- The minimum GPA of applicants should be 2.0
- Applicant should be at least half time student at Nevada college
5# Scholarships by Jo Marshall Memorial
Jo Marshall Memorial scholarship is arranged for female students of Nevada universities Reno, Las Vegas, and Nevada state college. This program was started in 2000. The worth of the scholarship is $1,000 per year. One grant is given to Northern and one to Southern Nevada residents.
Nevada Federation of Republican Women (NvFRW) provides a way to get this scholarship. The applicants should have to apply with a university transcript and two non-related recommendation letters. A biographic essay of the applicant is also required.
- Applicant should be female indicated Republicans of Nevada
- Applicants should be junior or senior students at state colleges
- The minimum grade of the student should be B.
- The applicant should be sponsored by the Nevada Federation of Republican Women (NSFW)
6# NV Energy Powerful Partnership Scholarships
This is a merit-based scholarship program and arranges to help the Las Vegas Metro students. Public Education Foundation (PEF) has taken the initiative to support the different categories of students. NV Energy Powerful Partnership Scholarship is also started with the support of the Public Education Foundation (PEF).
The amount of this fund is $1,000. Aspirants of this scholarship should have to apply with a university transcript, two non-related recommendation letters, and an essay of 300 words.
- Applicants should be citizens of the United States and residents of southern Nevada
- Applicants should be graduates of the Clark County School District
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
7# UNR Presidential Scholarships
The presidential Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship opportunity for students who are studying at Reno University of Nevada. The worth of the scholarship is $8,000 per year or $32,00 for four years. New bachelor’s students who are admitted before February 1st are preferred.
- Applicant must be a full-time present student at Nevada.
- The applicant must have paid the advanced registration fee of $250.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Applicant must have scored 31 points on the ACT or 1420 points on the SAT
8# Horatio Alger Nevada Scholarships
Horatio Alger Association arranged this scholarship for citizens of the U.S. who are residents of Battle Born State. This scholarship is provided by Stephen A. Wynn. The worth of the scholarship is $10,000 to $25,000.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA.
- Applicant must have $55,000 or lower family income.
- Applicant must have an excellent character record in community service.
9# Rebel Challenge Transfer Scholarships
The Rebel Challenge Transfer Scholarship is arranged by one of the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. It is also a merit-based scholarship program. The worth of a scholarship is $5,000 to $11,000 per year and varies concerning GPA.
- Applicants must be financially disabled.
- Applicants must be full-time matriculated.
- 3.0 or higher GPA is required.
- Applicants must have less than 90 transferrable credit hours
10# Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarships
Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship program is managed by the Nevada State Treasurer’s Office. It is a merit-based scholarship opportunity and was initiated by Governor Sandoval in 2011. The worth of the scholarship is $4,500 per year. It is awarded to residents of one Northern and one Southern Nevada. This scholarship is specifically an opportunity for students of the University of Nevada-Reno, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Great Basin College, Sierra Nevada College, and Nevada State College.
- Applicants must have to show their community service track record
- Their GPA must be 3.5 or more.