British Wellcome Fellowship & Scholarship Grants 2023-2024 [£120,000 Funding With Free Degree in UK]
This British (UK) Wellcome Scholarship and fellowship grants for the class of 2023-2024 are now open for online applications for applicants interested to study for free in the UK for various degree programs.
UK Study Visa and Work Permit Issuance
If you manage to win a UK Wellcome Grant and enter the UK for further studies then you can also start working there part-time if needed. But there would be a limitation on the number of hours allowed per week for jobs on your British Study VISA.
If Wellcome is going to pay your salary on the grant, you can use your fellowship funds to pay for visa costs to help you take up the post at your host organization. You can also use them for:
- Immigration Health Surcharge costs.
- Essential associated costs, such as travel to attend appointments at a visa application center or embassy.
List of British Wellcome Grants Available in 2023
If you are interested to apply for an academic grant in the UK in 2023 then please consider any of the following British academic funding opportunities:
Sponsorship Coverage of Wellcome Scholarships in UK
The British Wellcome Fellowship is for 30 months unless you want to hold it on a part-time basis. The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (MSc) course at a recognized center of excellence anywhere in the world. The following 18 months are for your research project at an eligible organization in a low- or middle-income country.
The Wellcome Scholarship Award of £120,000 provides support for:
If your taught course or training is in the UK, you can use £16,000 a year (outside London) or £18,000 a year (in London) to cover the cost of your stipend. If your course or training is outside the UK, you should check living costs with your prospective training organization.
- travel costs (eg outward and return airfares)
- approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organization
- If you have to move to take up the post at your host organization, you can use up to £1,000 to pay for these costs.
Salary coverage during master’s degree:
You can only receive one salary. If you already have a salary, your host organization may use it to pay the person who replaces you. They will fund the total cost of your salary for the full 30 months of the grant. You should ask your host organization to calculate your salary. It should reflect the skills, responsibilities, and expertise needed to carry out the role, and include:
- your basic salary
- employer’s contributions, including any statutory obligations (eg National Insurance contributions if you’re
- based in the UK) and pension scheme costs
- any incremental progression up the salary scale
- locally recognized allowances such as the London allowance.
For Year 1 include any known pay awards for this period or an assumed percentage equivalent to our current inflation rate of 2.0% if this hasn’t been confirmed. Your salary should automatically increase from Year 2 onwards, based on our current inflation allowance rates.
Eligibility to Apply for Wellcome Scholarships
You can apply for a British Wellcome Scholarship and Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low- or middle-income country
- you have high academic credentials
- you are fluent in the English language
- you are a law-abiding citizen of your country
- you can make a promise on returning to your home country after completing your education in the UK
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country apart from mainland China.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
How to Write a Research Proposal for Wellcome Grant in UK?
Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country. When they consider your application, they’ll look at the:
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognized center of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
How to apply for the Wellcome Scholarship of the UK?
It’s important to check that your application is competitive. Please read the advice in the ‘Eligibility and suitability’ section above before you apply.
They encourage you to discuss your application with your sponsor and research supervisor. They will give you advice about the intellectual quality and importance of your project. They will also help you to decide whether it’s the right time for you to apply.
They also encourage you to contact your research office at your host organization as early as possible in the application process. They should be able to advise you on:
- how to structure your application, including the budget
- What information is needed to support your proposal on how much time your host organization will need to approve your application after you submit it?
The application link for the Wellcome Grant of the UK is available down below.
I am very interested in learning a master’s degree in a health-related field.
Hi my Name is Firehiwot Dembele from Ethiopia; i am interested to upgrade Civil Engineering Msc. I hope to win this funding.
Hello I am interested in studying a master’s degree in radiography. I have a bachelor’s degree in radiography from Eswatini Medical Christian University and no working experience am I eligible to apply
Radiography degree programs are also a part of the Welcome UK Scholarship.
I am interested to study MSc in Artificial Intelligence in the UK for intake in September.
Could you please update me on this if this program is eligible for fellowship or not?
Eligibility depends on the degree level and program you are interested to get enrolled into. So to check that you need to read the entry requirements mentioned above on-page or on the UK Welcome organization’s website.
I want scholarship uk
Hello I am interested in studying a master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or any other field of chemistry available in your UK Scholarship . I have a bachelor’s degree of science in Chemistry from University of Bagamoyo Dar es salaam-Tanzania with 2 years working experience ,am I eligible to apply
You can apply.
Hello, I’m Leili Siyahpoosh. I have MA in English language teaching and I’m interested in studying for PhD degree. For studying I need fully funded scholarship and admisson of the University. I can be a winner. Thank you .
I am interested in persuing my masters – by research in material science and engineering. I have completed my bachelorate in Nanoscience and technology. Am I eligible for Welcome UK government scholarship?
Yes you stand eligible to apply for Welcome UK Scholarship.
Hello i am shokuh from iran and graduated in Bsc of midwifery from Kums university ,im keen on studing in master of reproductive health at Uk ,can i apply for this fund and should i write a mentorship for this or show my study plan ???
You can modify your study plan and make it fit for this scholarship application.
Please how can i apply for the scholarship?
Please select the UK scholarship option from their online portal and submit your application.