The Chevening Scholarships for 2024 offer a unique opportunity for students from around the world to pursue a one-year postgraduate program in the UK. Funded by the UK government, these scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel expenses, facilitating an enriching academic and cultural experience in one of the world’s leading study destinations.
Coverage Allowances of Chevening Scholarships 2024:
The Chevening Scholarships for 2024 offer international students numerous benefits, including comprehensive financial support covering full tuition, a monthly living stipend, travel costs, and additional allowances for books, visa fees, and UK travel. Academically, the scholarship provides the opportunity to study at a prestigious UK university, enhancing both academic and professional skills. It also offers the chance to build a diverse professional network and experience UK culture.
Regarding personal and career growth, the scholarship boosts career prospects, fosters global citizenship, and facilitates personal development. Scholars can make lifelong connections and experience significant personal growth. Additional perks include visa application support, pre-departure briefings, and access to the Chevening alumni network, making it a holistic program for personal and professional development
- Full coverage of tuition fees if no other organization is supporting you.
- Monthly accommodation stipend. This may vary on where you are living.
- Travel fee coverage includes economy travel, cost of arrival, cost of departure, and cost of visa clearance.
- If TB testing is required, a £75 stipend will be provided for that.
- The cost of travel allowance will also be provided.
- The amount of scholarship may vary if you’re given an award by some organization.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarships:
Applicants must enter all the information correctly to be eligible to apply for this scholarship. To avoid such mistakes applicant must read this link. To qualify for the fully-funded Chevening scholarship the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed his/her undergraduate degree at the time of applying.
- Must be a citizen of a country where the Chevening scholarship is eligible
- Applicants who have applied to 3 different universities for the Master’s program and got an unconditional acceptance offer from any one of them can apply
- Must return back to his/her country after the 2 years of completion of the degree.
- Must have 2 years of work experience equivalent to 2,800 hours
- If you have British or dual British citizenship (if you are a British Overseas citizen applying from Hong Kong and hold BN0)
- If the applicant is a former employee or relative of an employee in the Chevening program who has worked in the past 2 years with the organization can apply
- Applicants who have studied previously in the UK with other scholarships
How to Apply for a Chevening Scholarship 2024?
All the Chevening scholarship applications are submitted through the online application system (The application link is given at the end of the article). It is essential to enter the following information accurately.
- Read Chevening scholarship application timeline here
- Start your online application for the Chevening scholarship
- Enter a valid email address and don’t forget and enter valid contact details.
- To answer the questions asked in the application follow the word count. The minimum word count is 100 words and the maximum word count is 500 words.
- Do not use plagiarised content from other sources otherwise, your application will be considered plagiarism and your application will be considered ineligible.
- Always save your application before logging out.
- The online application will only accept documents in JPG/PDF/PNG no larger than 5 MB.
- Remember to complete the application and then submit it once. Two applications will not be accepted. Make sure you take your time to give the application your best.
References/Documents Required for Chevening Scholarship Application:
The students should submit their placement documents when they are ready. Applicants must submit two reference documents. The referee can be someone who knows the applicant academically or professionally and can comment on the applicant’s physical and mental capacity.
Applicants are requested to guide the referee on what they should include in the reference to avoid going off track. The references are to be submitted before the deadline. The US embassy may contact the referees of applicants for verification. It is advised to add the referee’s details accurately. It should contain the following information:
- It must be written in English. If in another language then it must be translated with the original document.
- References must be addressed to the British Embassy in the applicant’s territory.
- It must contain the referee’s phone number, email address, and home address.
- How long has the referee known the applicant and in what way?
- When this the referee’s last contact with the applicant?
- A brief endorsement of the applicant must show how this applicant is the perfect fit for this scholarship academically and intellectually.
Chevening Scholarships Interview Call Letter:
If you’re selected for a Chevening Scholarship interview, it indicates you’re a strong candidate. The interview, conducted in English between March and April, will focus on your application responses. It involves a competency-based assessment by a panel at the US Embassy. As an applicant, you must:
- Bring your national ID.
- Submit all documents online.
- Have hard copies of references and documents, if required.
- Submit a short online biography before the interview