Harvard University Scholarships for the class of 2023-2024 are currently open for online admission applications for all degree and non-degree programs; for all students of the academic year 2023-2024. Interested candidates are suggested to read this call letter to learn the application process for Harvard University scholarships.
Applying for a fancy or top-ranked college for modern education often comes at a huge cost and you have to resort to taking student loans from federal and private sources. These loans are granted at an interest rate and you have to pay those study loans back eventually.
The Acceptance Rate of Harward University in 2023 was: 5.2%
Application fees of Harward University is US$75 (Can be waived off with a request to the admission office)
On the contrary, if you apply for scholarships, you don’t need to pay anything back. Scholarships are a great way to fund your studies which are funded by colleges, welfare organizations, governments, non-profit organizations, etc.
Harvard is at the frontier of academic and intellectual discovery. Those who venture here—to learn, research, teach, work, and grow—join nearly four centuries of students and scholars in the pursuit of truth, knowledge, and a better world.
List of Scholarships Provided by Harvard University
- Harvard Scholarships
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences Scholarship program
- Federal Pell Grant or a Supplemental
General Benefits of Harvard University Scholarships
These scholarships come with different kinds of sponsored coverage plans, but let us give you a rough idea of the general benefits provided by Harvard University scholarships:
- Academic education expenses such as tuition fees will be [Partially/fully] waived off
- Daily living allowance [stipend] will be issued
- Medical insurance coverage will be issued
- Literature buying expenses will be sponsored
- Access to University’s licensed software and the library will be granted
- Local to international conference expenses for postgrads will be born
- Free residence in the dormitory will be issued, or rental funds will be disbursed if students are required to live off-campus
English Language Requirements of Harvard University for admissions:
The mode of language for most degree programs at Harvard University is English. This is why candidates from non-native English-speaking countries are required to submit English language proficiency test certificates.
It is noted that IELTS is not a mandatory requirement for admission at Harvard University if IELTS alternative certs are available such as PTEA with a score of 70, TOEFL iBT, or DET with a score of 125. Whereas, an IELTS of a minimum of 7 bands is required at Harvard.
Document Set Required for Harvard University Scholarships Application:
You need to be very careful with your scholarship application submission in order to avoid any unforeseen errors. This can be done if you become a little too extra careful in preparing your documents package for scholarship application. Most of the students do one common mistake and that is they leave original documents at a photocopy shop or somewhere else. As an educationist, I suggest you buy the best documents bag to ensure the safety of your original documents.
It would be quite right to say that the scholarship application process and documentation should be followed as you follow the application process for a final degree with lots of care being taken. You should begin preparing your mind to apply and win scholarships early in your studies because it will eventually decrease the academic financial burdens off your shoulders.
Following is the complete list of admission and scholarship application document set that a candidate has to prepare ahead of time:
#1 Application Form Complete in all Respects
#2 Copy of National ID or Passport
#3 Attested Copies of Transcripts or Diplomas
#4 Personal Statement
#5 Recommendation Letters
#6 Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
#7 Your Score in Standardized Tests
#8 Research Proposal
#9 Study Plan
#10 Scholarship essay
#11 Family financial statement
#12 Portfolio set
#13 Extra-curricular activities certifications
#14 English proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.)
#15 Qualification test certificates such as GRE, GMAT, etc.
Harvard University Scholarships Application Process
In the process of applying for the Harvard University Scholarships, it is imperative to bear in mind that an invitation letter is also known as an acceptance letter from a professor from the same university may increase the chances of your selection.
It must be noted that the invitation letter issued by the professor stating the acceptance of the candidate into his research group; will make your scholarship application a step ahead as compared to the rest of the applications in the admission office. The acceptance letter is not a mandatory requirement. The following is a systematic guide of submission of your scholarship application at desired university:
- Search through google; the financial aid/scholarships webpage of Harvard University
- Navigate to the ‘currently open’ scholarships section of the webpage
- Check eligibility criteria, coverage plan, and details of each scholarship
- Select the scholarship you wish to apply into
- Check opening and closing dates of the application window period of that scholarship
- Prepare the set of documents required for its application ahead of time
- Check out if University accept online or offline applications
- Proofread your full scholarship application before submission
- Submit your application with the document package you prepared
- Wait for the interview call and final results
5 Tips to Apply for a Harward Scholarships
Following are the five basic tips that will help you through the scholarship application procedures:
- Be authentic with what you say in scholarship applications and documents
- Complete due diligence of your scholarship application draft
- Try to apply for as many scholarships as you can
- Meet the scholarship application deadline
- Make discussions with friends to stay updated
What are Your Odds to Win a Harward Scholarship?
If you hold an excellent academic record with side-courses certifications then the chances of winning a fully funded scholarship are thick. An average grader student holding above 65% academic marks with a strong study plan or research proposal writeup can also win a fully-funded scholarship abroad. But in case, the academic score is below 65% then there are narrow chances to win a fully covered scholarship plan; instead, there are high chances of winning a partial scholarship.
How to Qualify for a Study Loan?
Most of the students qualify for student loans, but the students finding it hard to pay for their education can easily qualify for study loans under good terms. There are two options to apply for a study loan; one is through the parent’s side and the other one is as an independent student. On the contrary, you can opt for a need-based scholarship as well.
Feel free to read our student loans application guidance article for more detailed information on study loans.