Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023: South Korean Scholarship Application
South Korean Scholarship (KGSP 2023)
Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023 is now accepting online applications from students Korean Government in order to promote the internationalization of Korean Higher Education has announced its KGSP scholarships program meant for international students.
These Korean KGSP scholarships will enable the students to study undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs at any university of their choice.
The KGSP scholarship is also meant to foster friendly relations between the citizens of Korea and other countries. Below are the full details of the scholarship:
Sponsorship Coverage of Korean Government Scholarship 2023:
The winners of Korean KGSP Scholarships will be entitled to receive the following set of sponsorship:
- The KGSP scholarship will cover the airfare of the grantees.
- It will provide the grantees with a relocation or resettlement allowance of 200,000 KRW.
- KRW 20,000 per month will be given for covering living expenses.
- KRW 20,000 monthly will go toward medical insurance.
- KRW 800,000 every three months will be given for paying for the language course that every recipient has to take.
- Tuition fee coverage (of maximum KRW 5,000,000 per semester)
- An award for showing proficiency in the Korean language.
- A grant for supporting the research expenses of up to KRW 240,000 (per semester)
- A grant for printing the dissertation/thesis of 500,000 KRW – 800,000 KRW.
- KRW 100,000 upon completion of the degree program.
Note: the grant for research and printing the thesis will only be given to those students to whom this expense is relevant, like students enrolled in a research-based program.
Eligibility Criteria of KGSP 2023:
To be eligible to apply for the KGSP Korean Scholarships 2023; you need to make sure that you fulfill all the basic pre-requisites required to apply for the Korean scholarship program as discussed below:
- The applicant and his/her parents should be born in a country other than Korea.
- The applicant must not have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally to ensure their healthy stay in Korea for the entirety of their degree program.
- Undergraduate students/applicants must be below 25 years of age.
- Graduate students must be below 40 years of age at the time of entrance.
- The undergraduate applicant must have successfully completed all of his/her education for the elementary, middle, and high school levels before arriving in Korea.
- The graduate student must have completed his/her master’s or bachelors before arriving.
- The applicant should have a CGPA of more than 80%. This CGPA or percentage will be from his/her last educational institution.
- The applicant must not have attended any Korean educational institution before applying and should not have attained a degree from there. (This means any bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree. High school education is not included).
- Applicants who have a 90% result and who presently or formerly held a KGSP grant can apply again. They can apply directly through the university or they can opt for the university track.
How to Apply for the Korean KGSP Scholarship 2023?
The procedure to apply for the South Korean KGSP scholarship is to find a Korean University first that offers this scholarship and then you need to follow the process as specified by that particular university to submit an application for a KGSP scholarship and admission. Further details are as follows:
- NIIED calls the Korean Embassy or the local university to recommend potential candidates. (The students can apply through the embassy or the university and they will be chosen through that platform).
- Applicants will need to submit the documents required to the embassy in their home country or to the university they applied to.
- The Korean university or the embassy will then send the documents to NIIED (only the shortlisted candidates’ documents will be sent). This is for verification purposes that the students chosen are indeed qualified for the scholarship.
- NIIED will then evaluate the documents and notify the embassy or the university of the recipients.
- The applicants will know from the embassy or the university of their selection or rejection. The scholarship committee itself doesn’t notify the students directly.
Required Documents for Korean Scholarship (KGSP) application:
Prior to submitting an application for the KGSP scholarship; make the following set of documents available in order to avoid any further delay in submitting your Korean Scholarship Application:
- Highest degree attained
- Transcripts of the highest degree
- Recommendation letters from the employers or the professors
- Personal statement or statement of purpose (mandatory for only master’s and Ph.D. degree applicants)
- A study plan needs to be submitted by MS students
- Research proposal for Ph.D. degree applicants
- Motivational letter (for applicants of the bachelor’s program)
Application Deadline for KGSP 2023 Scholarship:
The last date to submit your application for the Korean Government Scholarships Program for the class of 2023 is set for July 30, 2023. The next applications roundup will soon be open for applications after the closure of this first batch.
The applicants are advised to contact the Korean embassy in their home countries to know about the deadline for applying for KGSP. For an application form and other details, visit the official website of the Korean government scholarship.