University College London scholarships 2023-2024 are currently open for online applications for all degree and non-degree programs; for all students of the academic year 2023-2024. Interested candidates are suggested to read this call letter to learn the application process for University College London scholarships.
Applying for a fancy or top-ranked college for modern education often comes at a huge cost and you have to resort to taking student loans from federal and private sources. These loans are granted at an interest rate and you have to pay those study loans back eventually. On the contrary, if you apply for scholarships, you don’t need to pay anything back. Scholarships are a great way to fund your studies which are funded by colleges, welfare organizations, governments, non-profit organizations, etc.
About University College London
We are one of the largest, most diverse universities in the UK with over 120,000 students in London, and a further 50,000 studying across 190 countries for a University of London degree.
University College London (UCL) Scholarships in 2023
Following is the full list of scholarships available at the University College London for the class of 2023 for international and local students:
- UCL Presidential Scholarships
- BARTLETT PROMISE SCHOLARSHIP
- ACCESS OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP
- Chevening Scholarships of UCL
- CHRIS SEYMOUR BURSARY
- COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP COMMISSION AWARDS
- CSC-UCL JOINT RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
- LESTER B. PEARSON SCHOLARSHIP
- DIVISION OF MEDICINE POSTGRADUATE TAUGHT BURSARIES
- UCL GRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS (GRS)
- GUMBEL SCHOLARSHIP
General Benefits of University College London Scholarships
These scholarships come with different kinds of sponsored coverage plans, but let us give you a rough idea of the general benefits provided by University College London scholarships:
- Academic education expenses such as tuition fees will be [Partially/fully] waived off
- Daily living allowance [stipend] will be issued
- Medical insurance coverage will be issued
- Literature buying expenses will be sponsored
- Access to University’s licensed software and the library will be granted
- Local to international conference expenses for postgrads will be born
- Free residence in the dormitory will be issued, or rental funds will be disbursed if students are required to live off-campus
English Language Requirement at UCL for Admissions
English is the language of instruction at the University College of London (UCL) for all majors. Henceforth, international applicants from non-native English-speaking countries are requested to submit proof of their English language proficiency at the time of submitting their admission application at UCL. The following listed English language tests are accepted at UCL in 2023:
- ESOL by Cambridge
- Oxford Online Placement test minimum 75 score
- IELTS of 6.5 Bands
- Cambridge CAE/CPE
- TOEFL of minimum 83 score
- Erasmus Online Language Support (OLS): Score B2
University College London (UCL) Scholarships Application Process
In the process of applying for the University College London Scholarships, it is imperative to bear in mind that an invitation letter also known as an acceptance letter from a professor from the same university may increase the chances of your selection. It must be noted that the invitation letter issued by the professor stating the acceptance of the candidate into his research group; will make your scholarship application a step ahead as compared to the rest of the applications in the admission office.
The acceptance letter is not a mandatory requirement. The following is a systematic guide to submission of your scholarship application at desired university:
- Check open opportunities on the scholarships page of UCL given at the far end of this article.
- Navigate to the ‘currently open’ scholarships section of the webpage
- Check eligibility criteria, coverage plan, and details of each scholarship
- Select the scholarship you wish to apply into
- Check the opening and closing dates of the application window period of that scholarship
- Prepare the set of documents required for its application ahead of time
- Check out if University accepts online or offline applications
- Proofread your full scholarship application before submission
- Submit your application with the document package you prepared
- Wait for the interview call, and final results, Good luck!
Document Set Required for University College London Scholarships Application:
You need to be very careful with your scholarship application submission in order to avoid any unforeseen errors. This can be done if you become a little too extra careful in preparing your documents package for scholarship application. Most of the students do one common mistake and that is they leave the original documents at a photocopy shop or somewhere else. As an educationist, I suggest you buy the best documents bag to ensure the safety of your original documents.
It would be quite right to say that the scholarship application process and documentation should be followed as you follow the application process for a final degree with lots of care taken. You should begin preparing your mind to apply and win scholarships early in your studies because it will eventually decrease the academic financial burdens off your shoulders.
Following is the complete list of admission and scholarship application document set that a candidate has to prepare ahead of time:
#1 Application Form Complete in all Respects
#2 Copy of National ID or Passport
#3 Attested Copies of Transcripts or Diplomas
#4 Personal Statement
#5 Recommendation Letters
#6 Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
#7 Your Score in Standardized Tests
#8 Research Proposal
#9 Study Plan
#10 Scholarship essay
#11 Family financial statement
#12 Portfolio set
#13 Extra-curricular activities certifications
#14 English proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.)
#15 Qualification test certificates such as GRE, GMAT, etc.
Application Deadline of UCL
The last date to submit an application for admission/scholarship at the University College London (UCL) for the class of 2023-2024 for all disciplines and degree levels is March 15, 2023.