University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024
New Zealand’s University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 for new International undergraduate and postgraduate students is open for applications. The main purpose of the Scholarship is to attract new international students of high caliber to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate taught study of one year or more at the University of Auckland.
Are you an international student considering studying at the University of Auckland or already studying there? You may be eligible for an Auckland University Sponsored Scholarship.
Coverage of University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
Applicable study: New full-fee paying international students undertaking a PGDip or Masters of 120 points or more, excluding masters by thesis, or an undergraduate degree (with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications)
Tenure: One year
Opening date: 10 October (Semester One intake) and 9 March (Semester Two intake)
Closing date: 21 November (Semester One intake) and 20 April (Semester Two intake)
For: Tuition fees
Offer rate: Bi-annually
Number on offer: Up to 50
Value: Up to $10,000 for either postgraduate study or undergraduate study
Application status: Open for applications twice a year
Document Set for Scholarship Application:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- University of Auckland Application form (word)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors at your University
- University transcripts/copies of diplomas with grades.
- language certificate (English and/or Icelandic)
- Letter of Motivation
- Study plan or research proposal
Application Process of University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
Applications for University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarships are made to the Scholarships Office online. A Selection Committee assesses the applications. The Scholarship is awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- The Scholarship will be known as the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship.
Up to 50 scholarships will be awarded annually and will be of value of up to $10,000 each for postgraduate and undergraduate study.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a compulsory fees credit towards the first semester of study at the University of
- New international students who have received an unconditional offer, or English Language Academy (ELA) students who have received a conditional offer, of study to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters of 120 points or more, excluding masters by thesis, or an undergraduate degree (applying with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications) at the University of Auckland are eligible for consideration for this Scholarship. Students who have already commenced study at the University of Auckland will not be eligible to apply.
- The Scholarship may not be deferred until the following semester. A new Scholarship application will be required.
- The Scholarship is tenable by international students.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit, the quality of the letter of application, and endorsement by the applicant’s referee.
- For the purpose of this Scholarship, academic merit is assessed as an Admissions Grade Point Average or Grade Point Equivalent (GPE)