Are you looking for affordable homeschooling programs?
If yes, then here is the complete guide of accredited home school programs to look for in today’s era. In the US most parents choose homeschooling for their children’s over the traditional learning environment.
Homeschooling is not a new idea but sometimes it can be very expensive. So here in this article, we are going to discuss affordable home school programs to get a high-quality education.
Homeschooling is an effective way of teaching in which parents educate their children at home instead of sending them to private or public schools. You can choose it for different reasons such as dissatisfaction from the traditional learning system, religious beliefs, and displeasure about children not learning in the traditional learning environment.
Top Reasons for Homeschooling:
The reasons why parents choose homeschooling over local schools are dissatisfaction regarding the school environment, racism, bullying, and the quality of instructional material. Though, homeschooling satisfies the concern of parents to increase the involvement of their children in learning and developing their mental health.
Advantages Of Homeschooling:
Advantages For Parents:
- Every parent knows their children better. They can understand their children and provide them with a good education.
- Mostly the parents are the role model of their child. They can positively influence their children.
- Homeschooling stops the separation between the child and parent and brings them close to each other.
- Parents will be all-time with their children and it will create a strong bond between them.
Advantages for children:
- Homeschooling will enable the children to get into positive socialization with adults and peers.
- Homeschooled children are completely free from peer pressure.
- Children will be able to tailor the studies according to their speed, interests, or learning method.
- Children have an innate thirst to train themselves even more and not to suppress.
- Homeschooled children can comfortably communicate with people of all groups and at all levels.
- They take maximum interest in varied interests and talents.
- Plus, they gain high confidence and become a free thinker.
Advantages for Family:
- Family ideas and values are the centers of emotional, social, and academic growth.
- With the help of homeschooling, siblings will be able to create a positive and powerful relationship with the rest of the house members.
- Homeschooling also boosts good communication and increases the emotional closeness with the members of the family.
- Homeschoolers will be able to enjoy the extensive educational resources in their community.
Choosing an Affordable Homeschooling Program:
For selecting the best curriculum for your kid, you should keep in mind three basic points discussed below:
- Is it helpful to teach your children what you are looking for?
- Is it according to the guidelines of the state in which you are living?
- Does the cost stand according to your budget?
If that specific curriculum is meeting all your moral values and styles, then this is the perfect curriculum you should pick right now. But during selection, taking into account the budget is important.
List of Best Affordable, & Accredited Homeschool Programs 2022
Based on your budget, here we have the list of best and affordable accredited homeschool programs 2022:
- Bob Jones Homeschooling
Bob Jones’s curriculum will be giving you a complete structure and in-depth knowledge about the biblical orientation. Some of them make the use of traditional Bob Jones textbook series whereas others would love to use the BJ Homes at distance education program.
The main purpose of these two programs is to present the biblically and academically in the shape of competent instruction for the students who are in grades K-12. The whole curriculum has been designed on a traditional basis which is having approved worksheets on various lessons.
Bob Jones’s entire curriculum is workbook-oriented. It is completely systemic and well-planned in a form of sequence. The cost of this curriculum is around $100 for each grade level. But the cost of Individual subject kits is between $30 to $150.
- IXL Homeschool Learning
The second program on our list is IXL Learning! This curriculum has been designed to accommodate the students from kindergarten through the level of 12th-grade students. The main purpose of this program is to facilitate the students with better learning approaches with the help of technology.
A few core subjects which are part of IXL learning are science, mathematics, social studies, language arts, and Spanish. All of these subjects are prepared on an individual basis in the form of packages. You can also get it in a form of a full curriculum. The cost of this curriculum program starts from $9.95 per month to $19.95 a month! The cost will vary based on the course selected. Besides, IXL will also provide the parents with an analysis with which they can figure out the weaknesses and strengths of their kids.
- Saxon Homeschooling
To understand the basics of the math curriculum, choosing Saxon Math is the best homeschooler for you. Through Saxon’s incremental spiral method, you will be able to gain information in a small amount and will assist you to boost your skills.
Plus, this program also offers various single-subject kits which the parents can choose according to their preferences. The cost of the program varies from $50 to $140 based on the subject matter. Parents can pick from different subjects such as Physics, Algebra, Calculus, or Phonics.
- Breaking the Barrier Homeschooling
Breaking the Barrier is the top leading company in language learning and digital printing. This program is taught in three different languages such as English, Spanish and French. Students will be able to get a piece of in-depth knowledge about various languages.
Plus, students will also gain basic ideas about different cultures all over the world. The whole homeschool program is divided into three main levels. This includes Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Brave Writer Homeschooling
Last we have Brave Writer which brings a fresh perspective for the student related to the writing process. Besides paying your main attention to the writing, this program will teach the student how to be the true voice of writing. As soon as the children get access to language basics, they will be able to do any sort of writing.
Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs
- Is homeschooling costly?
The cost of the homeschooling program will depend on the type of program you have purchased. Either it will cost you a few dollars or even $1000 each year.
- Is it possible to homeschool your kid without a computer?
Yes, you can! You can easily get the homeschool programs from library centers or can purchase them from friends who are already using the programs for their kids.
- After how long time you get approved for the k12?
It will probably take almost 24 hours to fully reflect the student’s Approval status. You can contact the enrollment team to know about the approval of your kid and create your Parent Portal account for more details.
Well, you don’t need to stress yourself regarding the program cost because all of them are affordable and best to suit your budget. Parents are free to create their homeschooling programs to smoothly teach their kids at home. These programs will 100% improve your children’s mindset and skills to perform better in high school examinations.