The fully-funded World Health Organization (WHO) Internships in 2023 are currently accepting online applications from students and fresh graduates to give them a career-oriented opportunity to work on WHO projects.
Were you always fascinated by the thought of working in a reputed international organization with professionals who are dedicated to excellence? Well if you did, then we have good news for you.
World Health Organization Summers Internship Program 2023:-
The World Health Organization (WHO) is one of the chief bodies of the United Nations which works for international public health. This specialized body runs an Internship Program that offers a diverse range of opportunities for students from around the world to acquire knowledge in specific areas of the organization and get practical exposure in a professional environment.
And guess what. You too can join this incredible organization as an intern. How? By following all the procedures mentioned in this article.
Benefits and Coverage Plan of World Health Organization Internships:-
Following are the perks and benefits associated with the WHO Internship Program:
- Health coverage:-
The WHO covers all the medical expenses of its interns till the time their predetermined tenure expires.
- Accidental Insurance:-
Accidental Insurance of the interns will also be provided by the WHO.
- Living allowance:-
Living allowance is also granted to students who are in need of financial support.
- Food allowance:-
Lunch vouchers are also offered to interns in specific duty stations.
- Challenging assignments:-
The interns under the WHO Internship Program get an opportunity to meet the emerging challenges in their respective areas.
- A diverse range of fields:-
The WHO Internship Program accepts students from a wide range of academic fields, including technical and administrative programs such as communication, HR, and external relations.
World Health Organization hires interns from following Subject Areas:
The World Health Organization’s Internship Program opens a multitude of hiring positions for meritorious students every year. These vacancies envisage the following educational backgrounds:
- Public Health
- Front and Back end web development
- Social sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Service
- Business Management
- International Relations
- Legal Affairs
- Information Technology.
Eligibility Criteria for World Health Organization Internships:-
In order to apply for an internship at the World Health Organization, you first need to make sure that you abide by the eligibility criteria set by the organization. Following are the eligibility criteria of the WHO Internship Program:
#1 Educational requirements:
- All the applicants must be enrolled in either an undergraduate degree program or a graduate degree program (Master’s or PhD.) in a related field
- Applicants who have completed their formal higher education not more than 6 months before the time of applying are eligible for this internship program
#2 Language requirements:
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the working languages of the offices being applied at
- The desirous candidates must hold a valid passport of a member state of the WHO
#4 Age requirements:
- Candidates must be at least 20 years old at the time of applying
#5 Personal attributes:
- Applicants must have the personal qualities of time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting with deadlines
- They must provide the WHO medical certificate of fitness for work before joining the organization as an intern
#6 Other requirements:
- The applicants must not have any immediate family members (father, mother, siblings or grandparents) working with the WHO
- Those who have previously participated in the WHO Internship Program are not eligible to apply to the internship.
How to Apply to the World Health Organization Internships?
The procedure of applying to the World Health Organization (WHO) Internship Program involves the following steps to be fulfilled:
Step 1: Search for a vacancy at WHO online:-
The first step is to browse the ‘Internship Position Vacancy’ section of the official website of the WHO and detect a suitable vacancy to be applied for. The link to the internship pages of WHO is given at the end of this article.
Step 2: Fill in the WHO Internship application form:-
The next to fill in the application form using the WHO’s online recruitment system “Stellis.” Applications made outside of the recruitment system will be rejected.
Step 3: Submit your WHO Intern application:-
Attach the required documents in a PDF format with your applications and submit your online application.
Step 4: Wait for the Interview call and appointment letter:-
After the successful submission of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) internship application, it will get reviewed and if necessary, the candidate will be invited for an interview followed by the issuance of an appointment letter to join the WHO’s internship program.
Documents Required for the WHO Internship Application:-
The following documents go along with your application for the WHO Internship Program application:
- CV/ resume
- Cover letter
- Declaration of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a university or college
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of completion of the previous qualification.
Time duration of the World Health Organization Internship Program:-
The Internship Program initiated by the WHO generally ranges from about 6 weeks to 6 months, depending upon the different positions offered.
Deadline of the WHO Internship Program:-
There are no predetermined dates for posting internship vacancies by the WHO. Opportunities are posted whenever a position is vacated. So stay notified about the new Internship Job postings by the WHO to achieve the opportunity.
Start Searching for WHO Interns Projects Now:-
This was the end of our educational news story. Now is the right time for you to start working on your application for the World Health Organization Internship Program. Good luck with your application. Feel free to ask questions in the comments.