China is rolling out scholarships in their top Chinese Universities for all majors and degree levels. Nanjing University Scholarships for the class of 2023-2024 also got announced under various categories. The highly funded Chinese CSC Scholarships are also offered at Nanjing University.
The government of China sponsors scholarships that are awarded to international students each year in order to promote cultural exchange and promoting Chinese Universities. Nanjing University CSC scholarship is a top Chinese scholarship that is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students. It can be taken in a number of fields and the medium of instruction must be English or Chinese. With that, there are other 274 Chinese higher educational institutions that are also offering these CSC Scholarships each year.
Applicants can start their application process by visiting the online portal of the China Scholarship Council. Nanjing University scholarship is among the most popular and sought-after scholarship programs in China similar to the Confucius Scholarship, Schwarzman, Jiangsu Presidential scholarship awards, CAS-TWAS scholarships, etc.
Benefits of Nanjing University CSC Scholarship:
Nanjing University Chinese scholarships are basically fully-funded scholarships that cover every thinkable expense of its recipient. The recipient of any fully-funded Chinese Scholarship at Nanjing University will be entitled to receive a monthly stipend in CNY currency, accommodation at the dormitory of the University, allocation of a one-time settlement allowance with monthly paid stipends, free of-cost laboratory, library, and sports complex entrance upon successful admission at University, health insurance, and funding for conference participation and similar activities.
- Recipients enrolling in an undergraduate program will get a monthly stipend of 2500 RMB along with free accommodation and a tuition fee waiver.
- Master’s program applicants will get a monthly stipend of 3000 RMB with a tuition fee waiver. The room and board are free as well.
- Doctoral students will be awarded a monthly stipend of 3500 RMB for living expenses. The students do not have to pay any charges for tuition or accommodation. All the recipients will get free on-campus accommodation.
List of Scholarships Announced by Nanjing University in 2023
The following scholarships at Nanjing University are being offered to students for all disciplines and degree levels:
- Nanjing University CSC Scholarships 2023
- Nanjing University Confucious Scholarships
- Nanjing University-NMG Scholarships
- Belt and Road Scholarships at Nanjing University
- Chinese Government Scholarships at Nanjing University
Application Procedure for Nanjing University CSC Scholarship:
If a potential applicant for the Nanjing University CSC scholarship has a letter of acceptance from a professor of a Chinese university, then the candidate’s chances of getting selected for the CSC scholarship increase to a significant degree. This is just a trick and is not compulsory for students to get a letter of admission. Given below is the complete procedure that you can follow to apply to the Nanjing University CSC scholarship program via the CSC online platform.
- The application link is available at end of this article.
- Go to the scholarship section of the Nanjing University website and locate CSC Scholarships.
- Start filling out an online application at the CSC scholarship application portal as well.
- You need to fill 2 applications now; one at the Nanjing University website for admission and the second one at the CSC Scholarship portal for scholarship requests.
- Fill in the blanks in the admission and scholarship application form provided.
- Choose category B, which is for the CSC scholarship.
- From the drop-down list, select Nanjing University and fill in its agency number.
- Submit the CSC application and afterward download the submitted form for yourself.
- Gather all the documents required to be attached to the application.
- If there is a requirement to submit a Nanjing University application form, submit it, and download the PDF version of it as well.
- See if Nanjing University has an application fee. If so, submit it.
- Attach all the documents with the downloaded application form.
- Send the set of documents to Nanjing University foreign student office.
- Wait for CSC scholarship results on the Nanjing University website.
Again if the candidate already has an acceptance letter from a professor of his/her desired university, then there is a more chance that he/she will get selected.
How to fill out the Nanjing University CSC Scholarship application form:
- Create a profile or account of yourself on the CSC official website.
- Fill in the online application form given therein.
- Make more accounts in your name if you want to apply to more than one university to increase your chances of getting selected.
- Note the agency number of the university you are applying to or that you want to get in.
- Type in that agency number in the application form.
- Select the category of the CSC scholarship that you want to get according to your level of study.
- Fill in the rest of the details.
- Submit the form.
- Download the form after submission.
How to submit all the required documents for the CSC Scholarship:
- All the documents that are required to be submitted along with the application form are listed on the scholarship’s online platform.
- Every university requires a different set of documents but for convenience, here are some documents that all the universities will ask for; at least two recommendation letters, all the previous degrees, their transcripts, scholarship application form for CSC, a copy of the passport (attested), a study plan for graduate students, and SOP (Statement of Purpose) from undergraduate applicants, a research plan or proposal from potential Ph.D. candidates, an acceptance letter (not mandatory), physical examination form for foreigners, and a language proficiency certificate (preferably IELTS or TOEFL).
- Make sure that whether or not the university of your choice needs a separate application to be submitted by the applicant alongside the CSC application form.
- If there is no need to submit a separate application, submit only the CSC form, and send the documents to the university by mail.
- If the university requires you to submit an early application or wants to review your documents online before receiving their hard copies, submit the documents online as well along with the application.
- In the application form, there will be a blank asking you to fill in the name of the scholarship sponsor or guarantor, and write in the ‘CSC Scholarship’ in that section.
- Review your application one last time before submitting it.
- Submit your application. Also, send your documents to the international students’ office of your selected university or university.
Application Deadline at Nanjing University: May 31, 2023
The application deadline at Nanjing University for each of their scholarship is given below:
- Nanjing University CSC Scholarships Deadline March 30, 2023
- Nanjing University Confucious Scholarships Deadline May 31, 2023
- Nanjing University-NMG Scholarships Deadline June 15, 2023
- Belt and Road Scholarships at Nanjing University Deadline March 30, 2023
- Chinese Government Scholarships at Nanjing University Deadline March 30, 2023