Nanjing Municipal Government NMG Scholarship 2022-2023 applications are open for non-Chinese students to apply for higher education in Nanjing city and its regions of China. The Nanjing Government scholarships are offered in the universities situated in Nanjing city for the students to study undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., and non-degree programs.
Nanjing Municipal Government NMG scholarship is also one of the top scholarships in China that are sponsored by Chinese federal as well as provincial governments in co-operation with local public universities. The aim of this Nanjing city scholarship is to attract outstanding international students to study and carry out research in China.
The last date to apply for the Nanjing Municipal Government NMG Scholarship is September 5th, 2021 for 2022-2023 admissions (for the 2022-2023 admissions, the deadline is October 1st, 2021).
Nanjing Municipal Government NMG Scholarship Value:
The scholarship is meant to support the recipients’ full education in a university in Nanjing. The scholarship benefits include:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Coverage of textbooks’ expenses
- 3000 RMB stipend for Master’s degree pursuant to living expenses
- 3500 RMB stipend for Ph.D. degree pursuant to living expenses
- Medical Insurance
Nanjing Municipal Government NMG Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be physically healthy
- Applicants of the bachelor’s or college programs must be under 30 and should have a high school diploma with above-average results.
- Master’s program applicants should be under 35 years of age and should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Doctoral program applicants should be under 40 years of age and should have a master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants should be proficient in either English or Chinese language. The language requirement follows the requirement of the program they are applying to.
- Applicants should not be Chinese citizens.
- Applicants should demonstrate that they are going to be obedient to Chinese law and order.
- Applicants should at least be meeting the bare minimum admission criteria of the program they are applying to. Remember that meeting the criteria doesn’t ensure admission or receipt of the scholarship.
- Applicants should not be getting any other Chinese government scholarship simultaneously.
Documents Required to apply for Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship:
- Attested copy of the highest degree obtained by the applicant.
- Attested copy of the transcript. Transcripts in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Physical wellness certificate by a certified hospital.
- Bank statement/ financial statement
- Language proficiency certificate (not necessary if it is not the requirement of the program being applied to)
- At least 2 letters of recommendations (mandatory for only Ph.D. applicants)
- Research proposal (for Ph.D. applicants/ applicants for research-based programs)
- Study plan from master degree applicants
List of Top Universities in Nanjing City:
Following is the list of Best Public Universities situated in Nanjing city that comes under the provisions of the Nanjing Municipal Government NMG scholarships. Almost all the subject areas are offered in these universities.
- Nanjing University
- South East University of Nanjing
- Nanjing Forestry University
- Nanjing Medical University
- Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
- Nanjing University of Science & Technology
- Hohai University
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA)
- Nanjing Normal University
Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship Application Process:
- Google the websites of Universities situated in Nanjing city and locate their international student office web page; navigate to the ‘scholarships’ section and look for Nanjing municipal government scholarship application submission instructions manual.
- Fill the application form for the Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship available at any university website; situated in Nanjing city.
- Fill in the admission form of your desired university as well.
- Prepare all the required documents.
- Send the documents to the university.